Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Could we have maybe a friendly photo contest. Like with categories maybe like:

full tank

single fish

school of fish

etc.

And maybe we could elect a few judges who volunteer to judge and they could choose a winner?
If this is ok with you guys we would have to make rules but what do you guess think about it?

Austin

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It's a great idea! ;D

Instead of judges, though, people could post their favorite(s).

I like the single fish/school, to start.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Great idea, I think. Only I'd like for all the members to be able to vote, not the judges. You know, like a poll.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya I was thinking that too make a poll for who you want to win but we would have to make sure people who didn't enter vote so that somebody will win because you can't make a rule that you can't vote for your own photo.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think this is a good idea.

I think making a poll would be best then everyone could vote, but like atmmachine said, you can't vote for your own photo.

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
ATM, the moderators are discussing the idea and we're thinking on how to design such a contest. Hopefully, we'll have the contest soon We'll see

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok yes the poll is a good idea gwenz but I don't think it's possible to let people not vote for their photo so it would have to go on a trust thing.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The one thing I do know is that it IS possible to allow each member to vote only once in a particular poll.

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If votes are sent to a "3rd party", they could be tallied and it'd be easy to make sure nobody votes for their own or tries to create false votes.

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I think that a photo contest would be really cool. It is nice to see pic of everyones fishes and tanks.

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
;D yeah sounds like a great idea..why dont we just make it in the polls section and whoever wants to enter can just post there favourite pic in there...then you can vote just like posting a comment.and that way you can see who voted for who and then we can all just add up the votes ourselves at the end of the competition... lets just say the competition went for a week,at the end of the week simply count all the votes for each member..well thats my 2 cents worth,maybe somone else has a better idea ..but thats the best way i can think of to stop anyone voting for there own pics..

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
We'll definitely have the Contest - just have some patience until Mike and the moderators have everything figured out

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Any other ideas for contest categories? I think we should have something like "Best Fish", "Best Planted Tank," "Best Freshwater Tank" ... anything else? And perhaps, at the end, one best picture of all the categories?

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
On another site, I saw something like this and they had a catogary for 'under 10gallon tanks'. We could do this...

Gwenz

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok the way I look at it we don't have a whole ton of members right now I don't think that will be able to take a ton of photos for all the catergories so maybe we could do one category every two weeks maybe, like start and end on fridays, that way the people can know the categorie and plan one weekend and the next she/he can take the photo and take the time to upload it and not be rushed since some people are in school and work and it's no longer summer.

Ok so far the categories suggested for an easy to read list are:

Tanks Size: Ex. 5-under, 6-10, etc.

Best Planted Tank

Best Freshwater Tank

Best Saltwater Tank

Best Brackish Tank

Best Fake Tank (cheezy decorations for those you love them)

Best fish shot

Close up

Overall best from all categories

Those are some of the idea you guys suggested and some I thought of, tell me what you think.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom