What a fishy day!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaysee, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Today was a big fish day. It started with setting up 2 quarantine tanks. Then we took the oscar and JD to the LFS for a $5 credit. We got 4 spotted pims, and what was labeled as a BIG cory ($15). My girlfriend had to have it. Its an emerald cory, but it's the BIGGEST cory I've ever seen. I mean this thing is 4 times the size of any of my others. The pic doesn't do it justice (its a 10 gallon tank set up width wise instead of the traditional length wise). It was the only one, so we'll have to get her some friends.

So now that we're home, I drained the 29 that the 90 has replaced. The two goldfish and platys go to the 90 and the 29 goes downstairs to the mancave. The remaining fish (corys and bloodfins) are moved to another 29 which will be their new home. Because of time constraints, I only moved the titanic ornament to the new tank. The sand and everything else will be moved over soon. BUT, I think it's safe to say corys prefer gravel over a bare bottom :)

Now for filters...The 405 from the 90 (405 and 305) was moved to the 55 (emp280 + 2 AC50's) african tank. The emp 280 from the 55 was moved to the new 29 (titanic). An AC50 from the 55 was put on the 20L quarantine tank the pims are in. The 2nd AC50 remains on the 55. I also put an AC50 on the 90 to help the remaining 305 until the xp3 gets here. The emp 400 that was on the 29 goldfish tank is now out of commission.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Emerald Corys aren't really corys but they are Brochis splendens which get to be a little over three inches and are a bit chunkier than normal corys. They are in the same family though :)

Sounds like you had a good day :)
    Carol

3. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Glad you had a good day, Jaysee. :;hf Beautiful looking big Cory or whatever you call it. haha Hope to see more photos of it once it's settled in :)

4. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

That's what the LFS had her labeled as :) I knew it was an emerald cory. I asked the guy what it was to see if he knew, and he did.

5. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

cool cory... I am looking forward to seeing how big it gets.

6. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello JaySee,

I'm glad you had a fishy day :) Beautiful Emerald!
    Ken

7. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Congratulations on your new arrivals.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice