what a find!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pep372

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
my tank is 9 days old and cycling I have live rock and hermit crabs hitched a ride home. But today I noticed tinny tiny white things moving all over the back of the tank, but then I noticed two live claims, then came the coolest find a little star fish the size of a dime........ I hope he lives through the cycling.. anyone know what the little white things are they are very small and fast moving.

locoyo386

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
my tank is 9 days old and cycling I have live rock and hermit crabs hitched a ride home. But today I noticed tinny tiny white things moving all over the back of the tank, but then I noticed two live claims, then came the coolest find a little star fish the size of a dime........ I hope he lives through the cycling.. anyone know what the little white things are they are very small and fast moving.
The white things might be copepods or amphipods. Also the starfish, is it white? If so, then it is a micr-starfish, they are part of the critters that help with biological filtration and won't grow any bigger then a dime.

OP
pep372

pep372

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
are copepodes or amphipods okay to have..yes the star fish are white two of them one really small one the size of a dime..so they are okay to keep??

locoyo386

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
are copepodes or amphipods okay to have..yes the star fish are white two of them one really small one the size of a dime..so they are okay to keep??
The copepods and amphipods are food for fish, thus they are good to have.
The starfish are filter feeders, thus they are good aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 74 67.9%

Top Bottom