What a cheeky little bugger!

JaneGael

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I wish I'd had a camera handy. My Thai import betta won't eat pellets, so he gets frozen food from the tip of a syringe (spoiled much?) He opened his mouth and I was about to squirt out a shrimp at him and one of my Amanos came flying up the side of the tank, snatched the shrimp, literally out of the fish's mouth, and took off like his tail was on fire. Poor Théoden was like ?

Having shrimp just got a whole lot more interesting.

gocrow77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lol, that's a pretty bold shrimp you have there - I bet it was quite funny to see!

Bithimala

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That's hilarious. Your poor betta. Mine went the opposite way over a dying shrimp yesterday, one shrimp was walking off with it and Rekka came in, snatched it from the shrimp, and swam off with my the whole dying shrimp in his mouth.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are funny to watch. I have had the ghosts but I really want some amanos. I would have love to have seen a video of that. Alison

JaneGael

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
He did it again! I was feeding this morning and here comes a big Amano. He ran up the front of the tank right where I was standing. I offered him a blood worm and he snatched it and then headed for a Java fern where he tucked into it. He at the whole thing and it was a big worm. It was so funny watching his transparent stomach turn red as the stuff the worm in. I'll have to see if he does it again tomorrow morning. I never thought shrimp could learn much, but I was either wrong or this guy needs to be named Einstein.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom