What’s Wrong With My Java Fern And How Do I Fix It??

Albifrons

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It looks fine to me, but then again I have pretty bad eyes. What exactly is it that worries you?

chadlee930

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
In one of the pics it has a few pinhole on a couple leaves don’t want to happen to more of the leaves..

BaraYoukai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If this was a garden plant I would say it might be caused by inadequate fertilizer or it's being nibbled by something... But your new growth looks healthy enough which is the most important, not yellow or brown and nerite snails aren't known for nibbling...
If the older affected leaves are from when you purchased the plant I've read that because of Javas normally bring grown above water the leaves with die off on you.

chadlee930

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’ve had this plant for about a year this is the first time I’ve seen the leaves do this.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
What's your photo period? Lots of light can actually damage these ferns. Have you changed the lighting at all?

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Looks pretty healthy to me, just old leaves dying off. could possibly be a Potassium deficiency but that's doutfull, K deficiencies usually show themselves in pinholes, not black holes.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom