What’s Wrong With My Fish? Question

1. FishSmart

FishSmart Valued Member Member

This morning I woke up and found one of my guppies on the bed of the tank, he’s had problems before but not this severe. All the other this are fine but his tails is ripping. Image1527243039.856464.jpg Should I move him from the tank over to a different tank to give him time to heal so that the other guppies don’t pick on him?

2. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Fishlore VIP Member

Poor thing. We’ll have eyes on him soon. In the meantime, do you know you water parameters? Can you get a couple of pics of different guppies? They may have early signs showing. Have you tried treating with anything?
    @maggie thecat @DoubleDutch can I borrow your eyes here? Please?

3. OP
    OP
    FishSmart

I have to attend school right now, i will test them once I’m home immediately when I get home! Thanks I’ll get back to you soon!!

4. maggie thecat

maggie thecat Well Known Member Member

More information about your setup would be helpful getting to the root of the problem

But in the cases of fin damage, I have always been advised that calm, pristine water are key to healing.

5. OP
    OP
    FishSmart

I hate to say it but he passed away... I came home and he was dead. Here are my other guppies, they’re active and have great appetites. Image1527276500.778258.jpg Image1527276591.211764.jpg
    Sorry they were a little ansi

6. Gypsy13

Did you get to test your water?

7. OP
    OP
    FishSmart

Here I finally got them tested and the nitrates are up.. is that okay because in the API master test kit it says it’s okay to always be below 40ppm? Ammonia is good and so is Nitrites. It’s juts I don’t know what happened to my guppie that passed away! Image1527520540.533932.jpg Image1527520584.518920.jpg
    Image1527521103.904578.jpg

8. Gypsy13

Waters ok. Nitrates a bit high but not fin shredding high. Keep an eye on the others. Watch for signs of fin/tail rot or fuzzy looking areas on the others. Keep up with your water changes. Clean water is the best medicine. :)

9. OP
    OP
    FishSmart

Yea I agree and thank you! I’ll keep doing them every Friday! :)

10. OP
    OP
    FishSmart

Another one has died, I don’t know what’s wrong what should I do?!