What’s Wrong With My Betta? Important

1. TheCyanDragon

TheCyanDragon Member Member

Please help, I don’t know what to do

Recently Mushu has been moved out of a 10 gallon divided tank with 2 other Bettas, needles to say it was a bad situation. One of the other Bettas in there was also unhealthy and died. Since then I’ve moved him to his own heater/filtered 5 gallon tank and he definitely perked up a bit.
    (The other betta that was in there is in his own tank and is happy and healthy)
    But lately he’s been acting a bit lazy, laying on the ground and on his leaf hammocks.
    His fin rot is back, but I’m pretty sure I know how to treat it.
    And there’s also this weird stuff on his back, it doesn’t quite look like Columnaris, and it’s been appearing very slowly for the past month but it just now starting to look pretty bad.
    I’ve been doing frequent water changes, about 25-50% every other day. The last change I did was a couple hours ago.

(I’ll get water parameters in the morning)

What could be wrong with him? What can I do to help him? e258e196a7fd64afd0070d06593645ba.jpg d721ee4b54dd2a38d676465d8d6425e2.jpg 7683467615d216c6e3bbaa4807f14007.jpg 91161ee5234b766a93f2e9a79edf9b19.jpg 3a61e910aafd806e8bb3016f57ce1fab.jpg

2. Atomicfish

Atomicfish Member Member

I’m no expert but I don’t really see anything wrong. Some bettas will rest on the bottom from time to time. As long as he is not floating belly up or not eating he should be ok.

3. Demeter

Demeter Well Known Member Member

He's pretty thin, how is his appetite? How much and what do you usually feed him?

4. KakeHugs

KakeHugs Well Known Member Member

He looks a bit old, whats his age?
    Demeter said he looks thin and he does, Id feed him more and stop doing so many water changes if it's not necessary.
    If the tank is cycled weekly, or even bi-weekly is good enough. You might just be stressing him out more than he needs.

5. OP
    OP
    TheCyanDragon

TheCyanDragon Member Member

I feed him 2 pellets in the morning and 2 in the afternoon, with some occasional bloodworms. I’ve only had him for about 6 months, so I’d say he’s around a year and a half old. I’ll keep a close eye on him and keep y’all posted if anything changes with him.