What’s This On My Severum?

Syrite

Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed this on my severum. I had done a water change and treated the tank with salt.
Today, there is only 1 still on him, that bigger white thing you see on the photo(other white stuff elsewhere is gone). My severum doesnt look like he’s doing well... he’s in one spot leaning on his side.
None of my other fish in the tank has it.
Almost looks like a worm to me, it’s not a spot. It kind of flows with the water... I don’t see anything else on the walls of the tank or gravel, etc. i did add new rock about a week ago though.

How should I treat it? What should I use?

Attachments

Syrite

Reaction score
Yes, two angelfish, two small parrots, black skirted tetras, and serpae tetras, and a cory. They’ve been in the same tank for over 6 months with no issues(the parrots, angelfish, and severum have been together for almost a year now)
Water levels are good too.

Why me

Valued Member
Reaction score
Then just keep going with the meds. If it persists then consider what I said earlier as a very Last resort. I’ll say. When it’s near collapsing

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It might be possible that it's a start to hole in the head disease as @DoubleDutch indicated. You can see in the 2nd picture that there is a line that looks like it's starting to tear apart, like a zipper. That is one of the signs.

You can treat this, I think API General Cure does HITH but you will need to double check that.

HITH is due to poor water quality and/or a poor quality food.

Syrite

Reaction score
I just order Metroplex earlier today, should be here in 2 days but if API cure works, that’s sold in stores so I’ll give that a try.
My water conditions are still great. Not sure if the food I feed is considered poor but I did introduce several new rockes in my tank, maybe not washed properly? I haven’t had any issues with any of my tanks (since the first couple months of starting almost a year ago. I have 8 tanks)

It does look like hexamita

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom