What’s This Called In English? Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by Baba, Apr 15, 2018.

  1. Baba

    BabaWell Known MemberMember

    Does anyone knows what the English name of this device is?
    It’s used to catch fish.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. Iverg1

    Iverg1Well Known MemberMember

    How in the world is that used to catch fish. I would call it a fish net but it’s not but... what else catches fish what is that called
  3. Fanatic

    FanaticFishlore VIPMember

    That doesn't look like something to catch fish with.
    It reminds me of the old-fashioned candle snuffer.

    It's glass, so it could break if not careful.

  4. RedLoredAmazon

    RedLoredAmazonWell Known MemberMember

    I'm joining in on this conversation since I'm curious as to what it is too. Looks almost like a CO2 lily pipe diffuser.

    Edit: I was dying to know so I googled it. It is a fish catcher! Kordon sells a plastic version. Here's a link to their website about the item.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  5. Fanatic

    FanaticFishlore VIPMember

    I thought it was a co2 diffuser, but I noticed once I looked closer, it was not.
    How on earth might it catch fish?
  6. MWRValued MemberMember

    That is a "Kordon Fish Catcher" (sold by Ken's Fish). I use one to scoop my male mouth brooding bettas when they are holding. Mine is made of plastic.
  7. aussieJJDude

    aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

    Since its made of glass, the fish are supposed not to see it coming and its meant to be easier to catch fish... very popular in Europe in the 20th century!
  8. Mary765

    Mary765Well Known MemberMember


    I use one of those clear plastic disposable cups! Works great :D I didn't realise it miniked an actual commercial product lol
  9. OP

    BabaWell Known MemberMember

    Awesome, thanks guys. Great that I got a source to get it too. Very much appreciated.
  10. Iverg1

    Iverg1Well Known MemberMember

    That actually sounds better then net!!! Cause the fish aren’t removed from water
  11. david1978

    david1978Fishlore VIPMember

    Hmmm and all this time i was using a betta cup. Lol
  12. OP

    BabaWell Known MemberMember

    Yeah, you basically suck the fish in and dont chase it through the tank.
  13. Iverg1

    Iverg1Well Known MemberMember

    Lol ya it’s a hassle
  14. OP

    BabaWell Known MemberMember

    Hmmm. this Kordon fish catcher seems to be huge. If I translate size of a big grapefruit (from one of the reviews) correctly the bowl must be 4 - 4 1/2 " big.

    I was hoping to get a smaller one like this. Here the bowl is only 3cm (1 1/4")

    I might need to look in DIY this or get one on my next trip to Europe.

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice