What’s The Best Ratio Of Male/female To Have With Honey Gourami ? Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Hego_Damask, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Hego_Damask

Hego_Damask Valued Member Member

Hello FL. So, I had 2 golden honey gourami in my 20 G high. I’ve been looking all day, however I can only find one of my gourami, so I’m pretty sure I forgot to put half of the tanks’ lid back on last night, & one jumped out, & was eaten by my cat :(

I’d like to get 2 more, how many males & females should I have if I’m going to have a total of 3. I think the one that’s left is a male, however I’ll make sure before confining

2. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

i would do 2 more females since having 2 males with only 1 female i dont think she would get any rest.

3. Gdpierce79

Gdpierce79 Valued Member Member

Are you trying to get them to breed? Also, just curious, does anyone know if they would for sure breed and if it can be prevented? Would three males be bad?

4. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

Honeys are a lot more peaceful then most gouromis so 3 males might work. Big emphasis on might. With a male and female only they most likely would breed. The odd fish out should discourage breeding.

5. Gdpierce79

Gdpierce79 Valued Member Member

Thanks! I have a 25 and was just wondering. I am in the same boat. I have 1 male too.

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah, 3 males could work. If the tank were larger I'd suggest having like 6-8 of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice