What’s Next For Qt

Billy T

Valued Member
Reaction score
I setup a QT with a sponge filter and heater for my DG. Put Aquarium Salt in yesterday morning. Put him in last night. So I checked the ammonia and it’s reading 0. What’s next? Is a WC necessary with 0 ammonia. When should I add more salt, if so what’s easiest way to dissolve it? Thanks for any help

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Never just add salt to a quarantine system. Quarantines work by putting the fish in the tank for 3 weeks and observing for signs of disease. Only then would i might consider adding salt in. I also highly recommend putting in some pvc pipes for the fish to hide in also.

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think it depends on what you are doing. If the sponge filter is seeded properly you might not have to do the frequent water changes. If you're treating with meds, obviously water changes are necessary.

Why are you adding salt? What's the problem?

Billy T

Valued Member
Reaction score
image.jpg
I have a floating fake plant and his favorite cave. The sponge is not seeded though. A black spot has appeared on his tail

image.jpg
image.jpg

I bought marine life all in one a few weeks back but seen it should not be used in unestablished tanks, so that’s why I just used the salt. Was gonna take it back to get something else after I got some knowledge on here

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom