Western Australia fires

1. Tigerlily

Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

If we have any members in WA. I hope you and yours are all safe!

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

oh no, I hadn't heard about this.
    Best wishs and stay safe.

3. OP
    OP
    Tigerlily

One of my dog people friends is about 20 miles from the fire... sounds pretty bad.

4. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

I'm surprised the fire has made news in America. Any fire is nasty but this one isn't too bad on the scale of Australian bushfires so hopefully things will turn out ok. My family lost thier home in the Ash Wednesday fires when I was about 6yrs old & I was in Victoria as a CFA (Country Fire Authority), volunteer when the bushfires ripped through almost a 1/4 of the state. Bushfires are downright scary, nasty things & I hope everyone who is effected by this latest one pulls through ok.

5. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Stay safe everyone! I haven't seen Lifesabeach on line in a while. I hope he and his family are ok.
    Ken

6. L

LifeSAbeach Well Known Member Member

I just returned from our vacation. I have not been following the news too much, but we were at the opposite end of the continent to where the fires were. I hope all is ok.

7. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

There he is! Welcome back Life. Glad to hear that you and yours are all safe! I just know you brought back some photos! (teehee).
    Ken

8. OP
    OP
    Tigerlily

I'm glad you and your family are safe! I have friends in Australia or I probably wouldn't have heard about it. Don't think it's getting much (any) play by US media. It's a large country I know, just seems as though there are a fair number of FL members in Australia.

My friend in WA is very close to the fire. He said it's a "large front", uncontrolled and that 20 houses have been lost and folks are being told to evacuate.

9. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Stay safe, everyone! You'll be in our thoughts.:;hug2

10. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Well the news on the fires is good & bad. There have been about 30 homes destroyed so there are some people who have lost everything in the fires & need to start again. The good news is there were no fatalities at all. Three firefighters went to hospital with smoke inhalation & one civilian with minor burns but other than that no-one got hurt.
    I only live about 60 miles down the road from Toodyay so the fires have been covered in the news fairly well. The fire is under control now & almost out altogether. Hopefully there are no flare ups to put the firies back to work & then people can start to pick up the pieces & try getting thier lives back in order.