Werry Werry Stwange

JackieN

Valued Member
Reaction score
It's very strange..but since treating my tank for ICH, using Ick Clear, and higher temps...my nitrites are 0, my ammonia is 0, my nitrates are 0. Now this tank is just about 2 weeks old, I removed the carbon before dosing the meds, using them half strength because of my Tetra's. I'm confused...could it be the Ick Clear that is keeping the readings at 0????? So far I haven't lost anymore fish..not sure about my ghost shrimps tho..can't seem to find them hiding under the decorations at this point. The spots on my serpae tetra are slowly disappearing, so I guess we're going into the next cycle with them.
Any ideas why my tank is soooooooooooo..perfect??? LOL It's also cleared up tremendously, almost clear.
Jackie

chipster55

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If your tank has only been set up for 2 weeks I don't think it has had a chance to cycle which could be why you have no readings yet..

JackieN

Valued Member
Reaction score
chipster55
If your tank has only been set up for 2 weeks I don't think it has had a chance to cycle which could be why you have no readings yet..

Hi..actually...I had before this ich attact ..a nitrite reading of .25, very slight ammonia, just a tinge past yellow, no nitrates yet..but now my nitrites are at 0. I could understand this if I'd had no nitrites at all for this whole time..but now..*shrug*. Jus' wonderin', that's all.

chipster55

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok but you should be getting a nitrate reading if your tank is cycled. When I cycled mine I got some readings like yours at first. But once my cycle really got going I had a spike of ammonia (1.0) followed by a spike of nitrite (.50). When this was completed my nitrate readings are between 10-50. It took my tank 7 weeks to cycle using danios (which are thriving now). Good luck...

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your tank is cycling and the stress on your fish is causing the ich outbreak. Raise the temp over 82F, keep it that way for 14 days and do daily water changes. That will help the ich. Patience, watching your water test readings, and water changes will see you through the cycle.
Carol

JackieN

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all for their advice..temps are up..I do daily testing..still have some ick, but it's getting less on the fish..now I have to kill it in the water..I'll do what you advise. Thanks again!
Jackie

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom