Were is the pm section

Amano

I have been locking top to bottom of the forum searching everything and I can't find the pm button for me to pm.

Have found many places were pm referances are but I can't find a place to pm any one!

mac

harpua2002

I believe that members need at least 50 posts to use Private Messaging.

Amano

That is queer. No way to communicate to people. Or mods!

blkdeath75

I don't know if I'd use queer to describe it but okay. If I want to message someone I click their name and view their profile and leave a note in the box at bottom myself but can't remember if it's locked like Harpua said if under 50 posts.

harpua2002

Oh, that's profile visitor messages. You don't need 50 posts to use that feature.

Amano

I don't know if I'd use queer to describe it but okay. If I want to message someone I click their name and view their profile and leave a note in the box at bottom myself but can't remember if it's locked like Harpua said if under 50 posts.

Of all the forums I have been on I have never seen any forum format which you can't pm on till a certain amount of post's.
I need to pm. But oh well.

Thank you.

mac

blkdeath75

Amano

lol, you trying to hook up with other fish keepers?

Na for mods. Question re a post. But can't get hold of them, so it will have to wait.

Ohh as for the word queer. I am meaning the real thing. Odd strange irregulare not normal out of the norm type thing.

mac

I don't get what is wrong. I have not sworn or said a wrong word that a young member should not see. It is in the dictionary world wide. What have I done wrong?

Another one of these old fashion words made redudant?

brokenwing

hey if your using that way, my appologies. I am so use to hearing the slang version. again I applogize.

Amano

No probs. Just thought I must be way behind the times.

I must say this is by far the best run forum. No were near the slang as others. Thumbs up.

brokenwing

ya I felt bad after I said that to you, I just hear so many kids use these awful slang terms, and you know you get tired of hearing it. But hey welcome to fishlore, my name is mike and if you ever need anything just holler at me. Looking forward to reading your posts, and you came to the right place, these folks here make you feel like family.

Amano

Hey no issue at all. "Thanks for man! um being personal and understanding." Great that you are sticking up for keeping things right. So no prob at all.

I know what you mean. So many good words have been lost. And to many kids taking other words for granted.

Anyway callum here. But I am always go by mac. Has been a generational nick name.
Boy it is going to take a bit of time to get use to this site. IE no fighting all so personal prI'm and proper. Well time for a change from other forums last few were stagnant and changed from what I knew them.

mac

brokenwing

well good to meet you mac. I belong to one other fourm and there is no other way to say it, those people on that forum can be down right rude, and not very nice. That is why I joined fishlore. I love these folks. Here is the only thing I can find on the rules for you.

Amano

I know what you mean. But I think it is how the mods enforce the members and rules.
In saying that it can be hard on a polite forum, well to sort out bad fish keepig advice. Maybe something I need to learn how to answer. Hence wanting to get help from mods.

mac

Aquarist

Good morning Amano,

Once you have 50 posts to the forum then you can send Private Messages. Was there something else that you need help with?

Ken

Amano

Hey.

Yup but only got one more post to get there. So pm my question latter.

Cheers,

mac

peacemaker92

Hello!

Glad you found Fishlore! The best place to be at, I can honestly say

The pm button as mentioned above, is for those who have 50 posts and above. Reason? Well, when you pm someone, other mods or members can't see it and therefore if anything offensive or wrongly words are used, mods can't control and moderate as the message is 'private'. So yeah, that's what I believe the 50 posts and above rule is for.

But I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest of the site. The great people here are truly facinating! Best of luck!

inncogneatoh

This is an ingenious way to get to 50 posts Amano.

May I keep replying to you in this thread so I make it to 50 post too ?

angelfish220

No point now, he has his 50 posts

inncogneatoh

thanks for replying angelfish, I'm up to 32 posts now

see how it works ?

I'll stop now

bubblynutter

inncogneatoh, post-spamming is strongly discouraged on this forum.

Post count is not considered to be relevant to a person's experience or reputation, and posts that add nothing to a conversation will most likely be removed by moderators.

You will get to 50 posts in no time, trust me!

inncogneatoh

Sorry Bubbly, I thought you would understand it was a joke. Won't happen again.

Amano

haha I know what you mean.

Some times post's are miss read or are not read in the right mind set. So don't take offense. It is just a warning.

Remember a lot of truth in jesting.

mac

Meenu

Sorry Bubbly, I thought you would understand it was a joke. Won't happen again.

I got it...

Goldwing_Don

Back when I started the forum I was told " posting to raise the count will bring the wrath of the Gods (Mods) to you"....lol JK.
I was told not to post just to raise the count. but that they do it just because they like to talk and chat. My :

Shawnie

Back when I started the forum I was told " posting to raise the count will bring the wrath of the Gods (Mods) to you"....lol JK.
I was told not to post just to raise the count. but that they do it just because they like to talk and chat. My :

talking and chatting is fine MOST of us do it... this place would be boring without it! IMO ...but there is a difference in "" posting to raise the count" and the other...again, IMO

Aquarist

Good afternoon,

I agree with Shawnie. Have a conversation with someone is fine. Boosting the post count is completely different, for the most part

Ken

Goldwing_Don

At first I didn't understand why. But I do now.. It's a good thing

bubblynutter

Yeah ok, I guess I missed the joke...

Here I was just trying to be helpful. Maybe I should leave that to our Mods?

inncogneatoh

You were being helpful Bubbly and I have taken your advice onboard. It's appreciated.

Aquarist

Good morning,

Since the Original Poster is able to send Private Messages now I'm going to close the thread.

Having members to have 50 posts in order to send Private Messages helps prevent spammers from signing on, and spamming everyone with a Private Message.

Ken

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Allie
Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
peachsonas
Replies