Went snail shopping, All the photos got the better of me.

Discussion in 'Snails' started by aliray, Jul 17, 2015.

1. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

I've been looking at all the cool snail photos and it got the better of me. Tuesday I went to a pet supermarket in Port Charlotte Fla looking for some mystery snails. Planned to get three but instead I bought 3 gold mystery snails, 2 ivory mystery snails, and 2 zebra nerite snails. I would have gotten 3 of the ivory but they only had 2. I still would like to get a magenta ,light footed one if I ever see one. So far so good . they all seem active. I put the nerites and one of the gold and one of the ivory in a tupperware container in one of my tanks to acclimate them, Turned off the light and set the timer for 30 min. Came back in to let them loose and their was only one nerite left. The others all decided to climb out and into the tank on their own. Cute little buggers. Alison.:;snail:p:;snail

2. Bijou88

Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

Yay! It's hard to resist those little faces :) I'll have some magenta with light feet ready to go in about two months if you're interested. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. OP
    OP
    aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

I only have room for one more snail. You do realize that this is your's and Vivyds fault , for posting all those cute pictures. I will not be letting any breed as I have no room. I will keep that in mind about the magenta snail. Alison

4. Bijou88

That's how I ended up getting snails too, i looked through the snail photos, lol. I'm really glad I did though. You'll soon be posting your own pictures and contributing to others buying snails I'm sure :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. OP
    OP
    aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

First I have to figure out the picture posting thing. I'm Computer challenged to say the least. I wasn't sure about them because we have a whole house water softener system ,however I have had 2 nerites for a few months and they have grown a lot. Their shells look really good with no pits or white spots so the water must be okay .they also like zucchini squash and other veggies too. I am going to also put a chunk of cuttlebone in each tank just to be sure. Thanks to reading all the old posts I didn't panic when one of the gold mystery snails decided to take a nap for a while yesterday. Alison

6. Bijou88

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice