Over It Well Known Member Member

2. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

It's honestly not that bad, IMO.

3. OP
    OP
    O

So with 2 25% water changes and gravel vacs a week I should be good?

4. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

3 schools of top-mid dwelling fish is a bit overboard for a 29 gallon, IMO.

5. MattS99

I'd think so. Your live plants will really help keep that water clean with the additional fish.

6. OP
    OP
    O

3 Schools? I'm confused. Which is the 3rd school you are referring to?

7. MattS99

Yeah, I only see two schools too. Might be referring to the pygmys.

8. OP
    OP
    O

I really wanna get more live plants as well. Just can't decide where to put them. I'll probably just get some Java Ferns and put them on the driftwood.
    I also have an Aqueon Quietflow 30 and 20 on the tank. I wanted a bigger filter, but it wouldn't fit.

9. BeanFish

BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Yeah, you probably pushed it, I dont think its that bad, but definitely overstocked. Your parameters would tell. I think rehoming the sterabais and replacing a pair with rasboras with more of the same species would leave your stocking fine.
    At the end of the day your parameters, specially your nitrates will give you some insight into stocking. Note that even if parameters are controlled fish wont grow to their true potential if they are in cramped tanks.

10. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

Pygmy cories. They live in the middle section of the tank.

11. OP
    OP
    O

Yeah. I wasn't just worried about the parameters. I can keep those in check, but I want the fish to be happy and comfortable as well.

What if I rehomed the Dwarf Gourami? Would that make much of a difference?
    I can only return 2 Sterbai and it'd be hard to rehome the others. It took me over 2 weeks to find someone who wanted the False Julli's.

If I rehomed the Sterbai Corydoras would I still be overstocked?

12. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

I'm just saying, I'm very sorry if you have to rehome them (theys expensive!). I'm really wanting 6 of them, and would gladly take them if you were willing to ship, and I had my new tank set up to move my 3 Pandas to.

13. DylanM

DylanM Well Known Member Member

They sell them for $3 - $4 at my local petco XD. Are they more where you live? I almost got them in my 20 gallon, but decided shrimp would be more interesting. They are my favorite cory species, I love how they seem to have hundreds of spots!

14. OP
    OP
    O

Right! I really don't want to either. Gonna be hard to decide what to do...

They are $10 each here.

15. MattS99

I honestly think everyone will be fine. I wouldn't rehome anything.

16. DylanM

DylanM Well Known Member Member

What the actual... well I get what you are sad about now XD.

17. JLeeM

Same here. Even on PetSmart's buy 4 get 2 free, that's $40 plus tax on a small school. Tax is also super high here in TN.

18. OP
    OP
    O

Yep. Those 6 are the most expensive fish in my tank if you don't count the shipping for the Pygmys.

If I could keep all of them and they be happy and healthy that would be great! I really really don't want to rehome or return anyone.

I guess if I had to though I could take back the Harlequins and up the Lamb Chops to 8 if I can find more and if that would help? It'd reduce bioload and clear up some space in mid to top sections.

19. JLeeM

I personally would only keep one. They're very similar so why have both? Pick your favorite and go with it? For me it would be Harlequins, but that's just me. They're hardish to find here too. Never seen Lambchops at all though.

20. OP
    OP
    O

I really like the look of both and as I said I kinda went overboard. I really like the Lamb Chops cause they are super similar, but smaller. Like half the size of the Harlequins.

Well shoot. Maybe I better do that. Or maybe I should keep the Harlequins since I don't know when I'll be able to get more Lamb Chops. They order fish for me all the time, but most of the time they don't come in.
    I was supposed to get Chili Rasboras this week and last and still nada. I was also waiting over a month for Calico Ranchus and still nothing. I wouldn't have ordered the Pygmys if I actually would have believed they'd have 18 today. They told me they would get 5 max at a time so I decided to just order some online.

Maybe that's a good thing though since I already lost 2 of the 10 I bought today.

I was so excited about all the fish I got today, but now I'm really not sure what to do...