Went Exploring

Discussion in 'Misc. Photos' started by ZeeZ, Jan 5, 2013.

1. ZeeZ

ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

I had a little bit of free time between errands so I went exploring a bit. I came upon an abandoned home and old-school signage in someone's backyard. I was only able to get a few shots with the limited time I had and the people who owned the signage didn't seem to want me to stay, so I was only able to get two shots.

I definitely plan on going back to the abandoned home, as the destroyed chimney inside is incredible. I really wish I had a real DSLR, but I think I did pretty well with only a cell phone's camera, my Droid RAZR. I'll update this thread once I go back.

Enjoy!

Signs -

Abandoned Home -

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. oscarsbud

oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

Love those pictures! My sister is really into photography also and gets some amazing shots of old buildings - and wildlife. Some of her bird pictures are unbelievable.

Looking forward to seeing more of yours. If that's what you took with your phone, the ones with your regular camera must be really awesome.

3. Quinn_Lamb98

Quinn_Lamb98Well Known MemberMember

very nice. i aspecially like the chimney and what ever that stuff on the door is.

4. ZombieKeeprWell Known MemberMember

Very nice pics! :p Isn't it amazing what androids with good quality cameras can do, tho?! My Evo 3D can take some AMAZING shots.

5. OP
    OP
    ZeeZ

Thank you! They were edited in Photoshop 7.0. I just composed the shots and got the best light there was from the angle. I knew the colors, contrast, etc, would have to be brought out in post-editing since it was just a cell phone.

I regret selling my Nikon D60 DSLR camera years ago but I had to in order to pay rent. I'm hoping to pick up another, better DSLR camera in the next few months.

You mean... mud? ;) That's what wasp nests are made out of.

They're pretty great, but the level of detail still isn't there and they're horrible in the dark. If you look at these photos at the original size, which is like 3XXX pixels big, the little details like the brick lines on the chimney are blurred. Once you zoom out, it makes a much better photo. Still, phone cameras have come a long way from the original little flip-up phone cameras.

6. Tigress Hill

Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

Aren't those dirt-diver nests?;)

7. OP
    OP
    ZeeZ

8. Orion5

Orion5Well Known MemberMember

I love abandoned buildings, especially private home! Nice pictures!

9. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Got some nice shots here. Looks like a successful outing.

10. Mrs.Price

Mrs.PriceValued MemberMember

Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing ♥

11. OP
    OP
    ZeeZ

Went back today and got a few more shots. I'm still not done, though. It's frustrating being limited by my phone camera because I can't get the angles I want since I'm trapped in the rooms. I really miss my old Wide Angle Lens that I used with my old Nikon D60... Instead I had to make do with my fisheye lens, which was the only thing that could capture what I wanted but I don't like how it's blurred in some areas and the general image is distorted.

Oh, well.

12. OP
    OP
    ZeeZ

My photos really aren't all that great, but here's a little bonus I know you guys will like, anyway. This is from across the road from the house.

13. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Some of these shots have very dramatic lighting.

14. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

15. oscarsbud

oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

Do you go fishing in that pond? We have one by us that is like that and it is almost impossible to fish there without getting snagged. But that's where the big fish are - of course.

16. OP
    OP
    ZeeZ

The lighting isn't what I want it to be but I did the best I could considering my limitations. Thank you, anyway.

That's what I thought as well until I did a bit of research and found that it's actually a close relative called watermeal. It's even smaller than duckweed, if you can imagine, only 1/32 of an inch. Pinhead size.

No, this pond is only about 20-30 feet away from a very busy road but it's hidden by trees. I don't think very many people know about this pond since they're usually zipping by at 60 MPH.

17. crackedback

crackedbackValued MemberMember

:clapping:nice shots..............

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice