Well we are def going to go saltwater in one tank...

Angela_96
After my pulled over to the darksided husband and I went to the fish store he started eyeing the sw tanks more and more. so we decided to get a 90g tank for our mbuna and they also have a 58 tank too, so we will sell the 55...
Then we will turn our 36g into a small reef tank... wel talked about the fish and honestly we didn't want to go w/ the larger tanks... the coral and the smaller fish are just fine....
the guy at the store quoted prices to us on him doing our water and us buying it from him... omg! I could buy an r/o unit w/ that kind of money. So I will be getting an r/o unit....

right now my husband is reading 2 begainners books for reef tanks (he he he)

what really got me is we saw some beautiful servums today and that might be a possbility for a fish to get..... I will keep all of my mbuna, but try new fish...

I got a bunch plants today, and an oto for the betta... the plants are in the breeder tank to help w/ gas exchange, etc...

that was the first time we left out of the stores w/ him planing ways of me keeping my present fish and then still getting a salt tank....

sgould
Muah-ha-ha-ha! Another falls to the salty side!

Darlene
Good luck with the new saltwater tank. I would love to see pics when you get it done.

COBettaCouple
Cool. I can't wait to see what you setup.

Angela_96
thanks, I am so excited about it! My husband is actually buying books and reading them at work. I think it got tired of me telling him "well that's a .... cichlid, " or "no you can't have that fish in there" so w/ this aquarium he is getting very involved. Of coarse I will be the water changer, tester, feeder... etc.
As with all the tanks, it will just be another for him to come home to stare at.... its actually relaxing for him, he has this wooden rocking chair that he slides around tank to tank.

Lucy
That's great. I can't wait to see what you get.

Angela_96
COBettaCouple
Yea, the maroon clowns are 1 of my favorites.

Evelyn1919
I have my 75gal freshwater tank and my b/f now fiance (we are gettin married next month!!! big surprise and no i'm not pregnant like everybody in my fam says LOL) works with this guy who has like 15 tanks and he told my b/f that we should change to saltwater cuz they are better but why is this? I think they are more complicated but hey this is my first tank ever that i've been wanting for like 10 years.

can you guys tell me what's so excited about saltwater tanks?

Angela_96
for me its the "new" but the fact that w/ a reef everything you put in it is a living being, that's what amazes me so much, now keep in mind I am still keeping my betta, and cichlid tanks!! In fact our mbunas are getting the next new home, a bigger tank then the saltwater will be done.

Martinismommy
Congrats! I LOVE my salty kids!

angelfish220
I would so go sw in an instant, but momsy said NO!!! Dang it!

Angela_96
I had to wait on my hubby to fall to the darkside first... I had been begging for a salty tank for a long time!

Oil_Fan
Welcome to the darkside!!

I know I love my Saltwater tank!! Just take it slow and easy. Rushing things is what causes the most problems. And yes, a RO unit will pay for itself in about 3-4 months depending on how much water you'll need to be producing. That was why I finally broke down and bought one and started mixing my own SW.

Angela_96
Yea after they priced the pre mixed water, etc I said I could get a r/o and do it myself, but I love to do all the fish stuff myself.
I also told my mil that I could give her some r/o water for her guppies instead of her going out and buying spring water, its just for softer water anyways for her.

Dark_Rider2k3
I want a saltwater tank..

but I can't get one yet (money issues).

Sometime down the road, and maybe even before this Christmas, I'll get one

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Angela_96
Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
Replies