Well Water

Discussion in 'Aquarium Water' started by Ghost pepper, Apr 16, 2018.

1. G

Ghost pepper New Member Member

I was wondering what kind of tests I could do on my well water to find out if it would be safe to use for fish keeping. It is drinkable but tastes poor and i believe it some form of sulfer in it as it smells like rotten eggs. Any help would be appreciated

2. Cander

Cander Valued Member Member

I’m not an expert or anything but until others respond. I would say try using a test kit and find out the ph and everything else about your water. To see if it’s safe.

3. OP
    OP
    G

Ghost pepper New Member Member

I should have specified. Im looking to test for things outside of your basic at home test. I would like to know about the other earth chemicals and metals that could be poisonous to a tank.

4. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

i send mine out to a lab to make sure its good to drink. I think its like $20 for the standard water quality test and thet test for so much more then the test kits we use will ever tell you.

5. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

As far as the rotten egg smell it does sound like you have sulfer water. Its common in my area. A whole house filter costs around $200 and i think you replace the stuff in it yearly and that around $20.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice