Well this stinks, I feel awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, I lost my female krib about 30 minutes ago. I was doing a little filter maintenance on one of my hob filters and I knocked the safety cap off the intake. I didn't even think about it when I put it back in until I went to take some fish pictures with my wifes new camera and couldn't find my female krib in the tank. I looked and saw the filter open and noticed the water wasn't coming out very strong on the output. Sure enough, my female was inside, I don't know how long, but she was dead. Over the weekend I accidentally killed about 10 or so of her fry in a breeder net by trying to tighten it not realizing they were in between net and frame. Not been a good week for me and my fish.

Joe

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm really sorry.

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes, but we all make mistakes time and time again. The challenge is overcoming those mistakes. A mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn from it. If you do learn from it, it's called experience.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There is such a tremendous learning curve in this hobby. Kind of like having human kids, you learn as you go.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you loved her. :console:

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hang in there Joe! Sometimes things happen beyond our control. We can only hope to learn from our mistakes and I'm sure we've all made them at one time or another.
RIP
Ken

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah somewhere I can't find it right now. I've posted one on here before, probably in freshwater tank photos.

FredBjammin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That sucks, sorry for your lost. I guess I will not be taking my intake cap off any more to clean the snail shells out, or I could turn the filter off first...... You might of just saved some lives if it make you feel any better.

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah I think she got curious and swam into it, she was too strong a swimmer to get sucked in, but Kribs love caves and she probably saw a cavelike opening. Silly thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom