Well This seriously SUCKS!!!

marty

Reaction score
So the 50 gallon tank I boaght and filled the 24th of december doesn't leak then when I leave the house for one day on the 30th I come home and all most of my fish are dead and there is approximately 40 gallons of water on the floor!!!

Wow this was not how I excpected thigs to go ...I don't think I will be able to get another large tank and my one gallon now now is over run with the "survivors"...

...Thanx for hearing my venting...GRRRRR!!!

CG<><

jayfl234

Reaction score
I would be **** I would take it back to were I bought it and chew some but. Wow water everywhere ruining the floor carpet or what ever u had it on and everything. That sucks I'm sorry to hear that

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Most aquariums are gauranteed for a period of time so you should be able to get something done about it.  I am so sorry to hear about your fish.   I would get some brand new BUCKETS and fill with dechlorinated water and separate out the fish from the one gallon so they are not killing each other just from frustration at being so crowded.  You cannot be heating the 1 gallon so they can do just as well in the buckets or one of those tubs (storage) - BIG.  It will work for a temporary tank and can be heated and filtered and your fish can use it until you find them somewhere permanent and then it can be a storage container for you.

Rose

myfishskip

Reaction score
I'm so sorry, it takes so much time and effort and worry to start an aquarium and then to have that happen I can just imagine, have a coffee relax and have an early night.. hopefully you will feel like restarting it all again.
Was the tank new when you found you had to reseal it or did you buy/have it used to begin with?

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
Wow! Been there, doone that. I have a 110 I bought on ebay with a known leak. We drove 6 hours each way to get it. Hubby resealed it, and we set it out front under the porch full for a week. No leaks to be found. Brought it in the house, filled it, added the fish, and 4 days later, my carpet is getting soaked. We have releaed it again, but haven't checked the seal. I am so sorry this happened to you! Something like this is so discouraging and in my case, gets quite expensive! I ended up buying a complete 55 gal. set up at WalMart at 11:30 at night, and then we went out and got a 100 gal. brand new set up a few days later. I hope this will not keep you from trying again!

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Rose's got a great idea there--get a huge storage tub, stick in the heater and filter, maybe set a lamp next to it for a big of light, and you've got a temporary tank. Only thing you have to buy is a cheap container (strong though).
What fish do you still have?

New Threads