:wideyed: how did it break ?

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
MissPanda said:
:wideyed: how did it break ?
Not sure, i'll have to check but I think the seam gave in.

MissPanda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
jinjerJOSH22 said:
Not sure, i'll have to check but I think the seam gave in.
This is like my biggest fear. Is it a new tank or old one?

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
MissPanda said:
This is like my biggest fear. Is it a new tank or old one?
Old, it was used for other animals until a couple of years ago, I resealed it and it's been up over a year and a half.

MacZ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Holy moly, what a shame. Hope the overall damage isn't too bad.

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
MacZ said:
Holy moly, what a shame. Hope the overall damage isn't too bad.
Just wet lol. My biggest concern is the fish, I have 2 Paradise Gourami and nowhere to put them.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
owwww noooooo

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ouch. Did you notice it straight away or did everything get flooded? Equipment okay?

Paradise. Your other large tanks all have at least one gourami right? Hurr. Maybe just get them into a large tub for now?

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
PascalKrypt said:
Ouch. Did you notice it straight away or did everything get flooded? Equipment okay?

Paradise. Your other large tanks all have at least one gourami right? Hurr. Maybe just get them into a large tub for now?
Yep or Betta lol, I was lying in bed(Same room) and I heard splashing looked over expecting a Dojo trying to escape only to see water trying instead.
Dojo's are in my bigger tanks, Danios are with the Tigers hopefully they won't get eaten and the Gourami are in a 5 Gallon bucket with the filter.
Tomorrow i'll take everyone back to the store.
Equipments fine, all electronics are off the ground incase this was to happen.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
jinjerJOSH22 said:
Yep or Betta lol, I was lying in bed(Same room) and I heard splashing looked over expecting a Dojo trying to escape only to see water trying instead.
Dojo's are in my bigger tanks, Danios are with the Tigers hopefully they won't get eaten and the Gourami are in a 5 Gallon bucket with the filter.
Tomorrow i'll take everyone back to the store.
Equipments fine, all electronics are off the ground incase this was to happen.
Oh, did you only recently buy them? sounds like a shame :(
Good to hear that all the gear is intact though.

I keep my paradise with pearls but pretty sure I just got insanely lucky with that one..

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
PascalKrypt said:
Oh, did you only recently buy them? sounds like a shame :(
Good to hear that all the gear is intact though.

I keep my paradise with pearls but pretty sure I just got insanely lucky with that one..
About 3 hours ago.
Holy cow just watching my 10 inch Dojo Loach attack everything in my 60. Hope he doesn't do any damage.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
jinjerJOSH22 said:
About 3 hours ago.
Holy cow just watching my 10 inch Dojo Loach attack everything in my 60. Hope he doesn't do any damage.
Err, I'm not too sure about mini, mini fish, but dojos are just boisterous, not predatory. Like most loaches they sift through the substrate for micro foods and they eat algae and plants. They don't even touch my amanos.
When newly introduced to fish they are unfamiliar with though, they will check them out with their barbels. And because they are boisterous they can be intimidating. No worries though, virtually all fish get used to it after a few days. I've kept bettas with my dojos and they got along fine.

3 hours O.O oh wait, that was that long list of fish you bought :( Awww. Fudge!
The paradise as well though? Didn't see you list them.

Edit: Wait, that isn't a new dojo right? The 10"?

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
PascalKrypt said:
Err, I'm not too sure about mini, mini fish, but dojos are just boisterous, not predatory. Like most loaches they sift through the substrate for micro foods and they eat algae and plants. They don't even touch my amanos.
When newly introduced to fish they are unfamiliar with though, they will check them out with their barbels. And because they are boisterous they can be intimidating. No worries though, virtually all fish get used to it after a few days. I've kept bettas with my dojos and they got along fine.

3 hours O.O oh wait, that was that long list of fish you bought :( Awww. Fudge!
The paradise as well though? Didn't see you list them.
That list is kind of old and went out the window a week after it was made lol. I bought a single Tiger and 2 Paradise today, was holding off revealing until they where settled in but well that didn't go well.
My large Dojo has actually eaten 16 of my 20 young Gold Danios, i'm pretty sure they have a lot of protein in there diet?

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
jinjerJOSH22 said:
That list is kind of old and went out the window a week after it was made lol. I bought a single Tiger and 2 Paradise today, was holding off revealing until they where settled in but well that didn't go well.
My large Dojo has actually eaten 16 of my 20 young Gold Danios, i'm pretty sure they have a lot of protein in there diet?
Well, how young is young. I expect my dojos to eat newborn fry but after a month or two they should be safe (I hope). Then again mine are nowhere near 10" so maybe they just don't have the appetite for that? xD Eh, I'd say as far as omnivores go mine are about an even 50/50 split between plant and meaty matter. I have a lot of plant material on offer in their tank and I just see them eat a lot. They actually jostle the plants to pull of hair algae and scrape off biofilm. They will just straight up eat the thin-leaved fully aquatic plants like aponogeton every once in a while. The food they get from me is mostly carnivorous. If they preferred that I would expect them to leave the plants alone after having eaten their fill...

I see :( Sorry about that. What happened to the old list though? Didn't end up buying them or ended up returning them?

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
PascalKrypt said:
Well, how young is young. I expect my dojos to eat newborn fry but after a month or two they should be safe (I hope). Then again mine are nowhere near 10" so maybe they just don't have the appetite for that? xD Eh, I'd say as far as omnivores go mine are about an even 50/50 split between plant and meaty matter. I have a lot of plant material on offer in their tank and I just see them eat a lot. They actually jostle the plants to pull of hair algae and scrape off biofilm. They will just straight up eat the thin-leaved fully aquatic plants like aponogeton every once in a while. The food they get from me is mostly carnivorous. If they preferred that I would expect them to leave the plants alone after having eaten their fill...

I see :( Sorry about that. What happened to the old list though? Didn't end up buying them or ended up returning them?
I feed mine bug bites Pleco formula and the occasional frozen prawn, yeah my plants have never done well, either they uproot them or chew on the leaves. The Danios where slightly smaller than what I usually see in stores but much bigger than fry, size is probably the key factor in this he is a big fish.

Looking at that list I actually got most of it, the ones I didn't get where the Panda Corys, more CPDs and the white clouds. I accidentally ordered the Gold Danios instead of Gold Clouds. The rest where just uping school I already had and obviously i'm returning the Liqorice tomorrow as well.

The bright side to this is I have space for another tank, so I think i'll move my Thick lipped Gourami and get some Honeys. :D

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
jinjerJOSH22 said:
I feed mine bug bites Pleco formula and the occasional frozen prawn, yeah my plants have never done well, either they uproot them or chew on the leaves. The Danios where slightly smaller than what I usually see in stores but much bigger than fry, size is probably the key factor in this he is a big fish.

Looking at that list I actually got most of it, the ones I didn't get where the Panda Corys, more CPDs and the white clouds. I accidentally ordered the Gold Danios instead of Gold Clouds. The rest where just uping school I already had and obviously i'm returning the Liqorice tomorrow as well.

The bright side to this is I have space for another tank, so I think i'll move my Thick lipped Gourami and get some Honeys. :D
Wish I could move over there and pick up your liquorice :(
Eh, gold CMMs or gold danios.. pretty much the same right? :p

Honeys \o/ I guess every tragedy has a sunny side indeed.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom