Well, now I am ticked at my husband!

Angela_96
He told me all weekend that he would be out of the woods tomm by the time that we could go to town to go out to eat, well I wanted to go fish shopping too.. Then today he mentioned he had to do this and that on that property where he hunts when he is done!! I am so po'd! I let him know it too before he went to bed! I also threw in the "well I will just get the kids together if carson is feeling up to it and go by ourselves" at least they will enjoy the fish store... I can also eat at olive garden instead of a steakhouse...

That's fine, he wonders why I ignore him... its stuff like today that adds up! we rarely have time to do stuff together, and he makes these plans.. no I don't care if he goes turkey hunting in the morning.. but he did this morning too.. so I think one evening he does owe the family! That's fine... it will be another week of when he comes home, oh yea we already ate, there wasn't anything left over, oh your clothes are in the dryer you need to get them out.. I go on husband strike for a week when he does this !
Not to mention putting his number on silent on my phone....
The kids already dread spending days w/ him from his "grouchyness" so he will straighten up... he goes through these cycles... when he gets through this one though it won't be a plesant family waiting.... I can be really bitter!
Especially after I bought him a 190 dollar out of state hunting license... all I got was a "thanks"...
Then after the no sleep last night because of sick kids I said I was tired he had the nerve to say "I'm tired too" from what? being in the woods sitting on his but w/ a turkey call? He keeps it up I will set him up on a hunting trip w/ Dick Chaney!

COBettaCouple
You need a new fishtank!

Angela_96
You need a new fishtank!

your a bad influence... I have been looking for another... trying to find reasons for another... lol.. prob will have another before the next 2 months are out (75-90g)

COBettaCouple
me? a bad influence?
your a bad influence... I have been looking for another... trying to find reasons for another... lol.. prob will have another before the next 2 months are out (75-90g)

Angela_96
I'm just really tiffed because I haven't made my trips to the fish stores and I am really hurting... its like an addiction! I have a little list of stuff.. I want a larger size pleco... need to get rid of a cichlid...
SO I feel that my hobby shouldn't be ignored! So it won't I might drag my mil w/ me to knox tomm... she likes the fishy stores.. she needs a break from the norm.. I can teach her about picking out healthy fish, etc

COBettaCouple
Yea, even though we order most of our supplies online and get our fish at the aquarium club.. we still need that fish store fix every now & then. drool Get out, have some fun - you've earned it.

Angela_96
I just enjoy going and seeing all the tanks.. (pref the salt tanks) I want one bad.. money is the only reason I don't have one...
Its relaxing to see all the fish they have actually... I actually the last time I went by myself had a guy come on to me?? so strange! I had my wedding band on and everything, no kids w/ me though... made me feel good...

I guess its just getting out and looking for the perfect fish... I have 3 I am wanting right now.. and I will look and look until I find them..

COBettaCouple
Not all the sharks are in the tanks.

Angela_96
lol.. they actually have some beautiful setups w/ sulferfaced eels and puffers.. etc... large tanks!! Then they have the amazon tanks w/ loads of plants and discus in them.. so beautiful! just display tanks...

sirdarksol
This is a really glib answer, but it's about all that I can offer, other than "I feel for you."

Talk to him. Explain to him what is going on. It will hurt both of you (it always does when my wife or myself brings up something that the other is doing that is painful), but the pain will be short-lived (presuming both of you approach the conversation with an open mind).
This pain is far less than the long-term bitterness can be.
I also know that talking about the way the kids see a person can be effective. My parents used to never take me to my grandparents' house because grandpa was always angry with him. Grandma told him why we never came over, and he changed, just like that. He didn't realize the way he was seen by his grandchildren.

Anyway, good luck with whatever happens.

shortcut mary
When my husband acts like that, I always say" I almost have enough money to send for my 20 yr old Italian man that doesn't speak English". Also, my Italian man doesn't care that I can't cook very well and have a few lbs hanging around...lol
Also, he thinks he is the sweetest guy...then I started taping the jerk outbursts...Wow, that was a real awakening to him.
Hope everything works out for you.

Nags1965
Husbands are fickle creatures

Martinismommy
It sounds like you deserve a couple new fish to ease the pain What else can I say...Men, you just got to (well nevermind)

Don't feel too bad...My old man has been at Nascar since last Tues!

Nags1965
I really don't get that whole nascar thing. you have WAY to many people.. drinking WAY to much booze.. in WAY to hot of weather.. and all they do is watch cars go round and round and round a track.

I don't like people enough to put myself in that mess

Martinismommy
OMG!!!!!!! You just described him to a "T" If I didn't know better, I'd think you were looking into a crystal ball

I agree with you 100%....That's why I'm at home and not there

Lucy
Don't feel too bad...My old man has been at Nascar since last Tues!

Darn, wish he had taken my husband, I saw a sweet 55 gallon set up on Craig's List for a great price. I couldn't get it with him home.....but if it was here when he got home there would be less grumbling.

Nags1965
Darn, wish he had taken my husband, I saw a sweet 55 gallon set up on Craig's List for a great price. I couldn't get it with him home.....but if it was here when he got home there would be less grumbling.

;D I like the way you think Lucy

luna
See, this is why I keep pets and NOT men!

Angela_96
I am about to replace him w/ a 90 gallon tank... I just got rid of the kids for the rest of the evening, my mil luckily wanted them for the evening. So I have no sounds in my house except for fish tanks! However, I can't leave the house I have a horrible miagrane and I have one of those auras w/ it and when I have those I will not try to drive.. I took my last imitrex last night... so I am out of luck today!....
The funny thing.. its sleeting right now so my husband will be running out of the woods.. when I hear him pull in the drive way I will run to the bedroom and lock the door to take a nice long nap... lol
Then soak in the tub for a while...
I really need to sit on this one for a bit because I will be very bitter towards him if I have to speak to him right now! So to keep from having a huge blow up.. I will just ignore him until I cool off... it may be a week.. but it will be better off...

Nags1965
I always tell my husband I'm gonna trade him in on 2 21 year olds if he don't behave ;D

Angela_96
I always tell my husband I'm gonna trade him in on 2 21 year olds if he don't behave ;D

I couldn't keep up w/ 2 21 year olds unless they were willing to do yard work for me... lol

luna
Use them for tank maintenance. No more carrying buckets of water!

susitna-flower
When my husband acts like that, I always say" I almost have enough money to send for my 20 yr old Italian man that doesn't speak English". Also, my Italian man doesn't care that I can't cook very well and have a few lbs hanging around...lol
Also, he thinks he is the sweetest guy...then I started taping the jerk outbursts...Wow, that was a real awakening to him.
Hope everything works out for you.

I'm going to have to remember that one!

Well, all I can say is it is better with them than without. Talk things out, treat yourself now and again, if he won't.

At the end of the day EVERYONE needs to feel special and without that, the reason to keep working on things is gone.

My husband is rather insensitive. However he has NEVER complained when I bring home a fish tank, even though he knows it is money down the drain...so to speak.

I think of his life, and it isn't a bed of roses either...work, sickness creeping in which will cut his life short (rheumatoid arthritis), every day he is faced with NOT doing the things in life that maybe he dreamed of, and he STILL has to go to work.....

Maybe I don't have it so bad, I think if we compare our lot in life with others, we can either get depressed (if we envy others), or be relieved we have it so good.

Personally I would be worried that Italian guy would keep me barefoot and pregnant! I'm too old for that!

Nags1965
If only our husbands were as perfect as us wives..

Lucy
I think of his life, and it isn't a bed of roses either...work, sickness creeping in which will cut his life short (rheumatoid arthritis), every day he is faced with NOT doing the things in life that maybe he dreamed of, and he STILL has to go to work.....

Wow, really sorry to hear that.

susitna-flower
Just trying to point out that even when we get frustrated, we have to keep it all in perspective. I am one that believes a husband is for life, even if they are a pain sometimes, and if we look at things through their eyes, sometimes we might see things differently.

My guy used to be the strongest, hardest worker, most nimble person you would ever see. Folks teased him because he was like a monkey climbing in trusses of a building going up 3 or 4 floors up! Now he has a hard time walking down a set of stairs, because his ankles hurt.....He has noticeably aged years in the last 6 months....some of the things that used to make me really ticked off, will not be a problem very many more years......and I guess I just want to let other people see that even the frustrations can be appreciated more if you look at life differently, and think of what it would be like without them.

Martinismommy
Just trying to point out that even when we get frustrated, we have to keep it all in perspective. I am one that believes a husband is for life, even if they are a pain sometimes, and if we look at things through their eyes, sometimes we might see things differently.

My guy used to be the strongest, hardest worker, most nimble person you would ever see. Folks teased him because he was like a monkey climbing in trusses of a building going up 3 or 4 floors up! Now he has a hard time walking down a set of stairs, because his ankles hurt.....He has noticeably aged years in the last 6 months....some of the things that used to make me really ticked off, will not be a problem very many more years......and I guess I just want to let other people see that even the frustrations can be appreciated more if you look at life differently, and think of what it would be like without them.

Very well said...I have been with Steve for 33 years and I have seen the good times and the bad...And oh my, how we do learn to let things slide as we grow older.....We have 5 grown children and 4 Grandkids 1 of which lives with us....

Life is short.....Take time for you....Nobody else will!

sirdarksol
My guy used to be the strongest, hardest worker, most nimble person you would ever see. Folks teased him because he was like a monkey climbing in trusses of a building going up 3 or 4 floors up! Now he has a hard time walking down a set of stairs, because his ankles hurt.....He has noticeably aged years in the last 6 months....

Don't tell me this stuff. I'm often called "Monkey-Boy" because I'm so dang nimble.

Sorry about the migraine, angela. My wife gets them periodically, and I know how horrible they make her days go.

susitna-flower
Enjoy your youth, he is only 50!

Angela_96
Don't tell me this stuff. I'm often called "Monkey-Boy" because I'm so dang nimble.

Sorry about the migraine, angela. My wife gets them periodically, and I know how horrible they make her days go.

Thanks, Everyone...

Yea the migraines have been an issue since I was a teenager, and they have been a real problem for the past 2 years 2-3 times monthly they can been really severe! This is the worst one I have had in a long time since the doc put me on a prevenitve med for them I will have a "breakthrough" once every 2-3 months now... this one just happened to be a really bad one... It was the ones where your eye sight and everything is affected... you feel like throwing up, and when you have small children you want to tie them to the ceiling fan.... (luckily I have a mil who wanted to take them this weekend, and felt bad because she saw me in the middle of the start of my miagrane yesterday)

I did talk it over w/ my husband.. and he can be insensitive sometimes, after the talk he drove 45 min into town to get me supper because I didn't feel like cooking.. and offered to take me out, but after the miagrane didn't feel like leaving the house. He is even talking about taking a vacation day next Sat so we can do something together... if possible...

I do have to say as much as I do get mad at him, this is a man that on his last set of paychecks worked 160 hours in 2 weeks... he has 2 jobs as a paramedic (keep in mind they do 24 hour shifts to though)... but all said what husband would do that and ask the wife to only work part time so that they can stay at home and be a full time parent? Only until our youngest gets into school.. One day I will be able to look back on this time and really appriciate the time I have had w/ my 2 kids as a full time mom, being the "taxI driver", diaper changer... etc.. So hes not in any means a bad egg... just has his "insensitive moments" that I really get ticked about!

For instance I will go months w/o getting to do anything like getting a haircut, going out to eat, going out to the movies, anything I like to do w/o a kid tagging a long... then he gets upset if he goes 2 weeks w/o doing something.... but he doesn't look at how long its been for me, unless I make a huge deal about it. I even found a hairdresser that can cut and style my hair in 30 min so I can take the kids along... she is a great hairdresser too... its just the point, taking the kids! I need me time, and I also need just me and husband time too.. I don't want to be married to someone for years on end and when the kids leave the house look at him and say "who are you?" we need to still have reg dates... and not when its convenently out of hunting season...

Sabi
Aww i'm so sorry! Wish everything straightens out for you!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fashooga
Replies
Views
kb9plc
Replies
Views
ferg42995
Replies
Views