Well known role

NoahLikesFish

How do I get well known role

NoahLikesFish

Ok thanks, is there a role for getting well known in a little over a month ?

jkkgron2

NoahLikesFish said:
I think you’d still just be well known.

Lucy

NoahLikesFish said:
Yep, it's called Post Jacker and highly frowned upon. Please don't post just to post. Those types of posts will likely get deleted along with a warning.

That role will come in time with well thought out replies and be more respected.

Lucy

One problem with being the Well known role is what does someone want to be well known for?
It could be for being a productive member of the community or the opposite.

aquafrogg

Lucy said:
One problem with being the Well known role is what does someone want to be well known for?
It could be for being a productive member of the community or the opposite.
That’s one thing that I feel like could be a defect of having roles. people might end up turning it into a competition instead of letting it be recognition for those who genuinely have a lot of knowledge to give.

Fishproblem

aquafrogg said:
That’s one thing that I feel like could be a defect of having roles. people might end up turning it into a competition instead of letting it be recognition for those who genuinely have a lot of knowledge to give.
When I first got on here I pretty blindly trusted people with the well known role as being more experienced than me. I'm glad I do research outside of FL because I realized pretty quickly that wasn't the case. Now I judge someone's trustworthiness based more on their message to reaction ratio than sheer volume of messages. I wonder if there's a way to factor that into the badge system in a more meaningful way than the Liked By Many badge.
Although, then I guess there are still people like Lucy who I would probably trust with my life but have a skewed ratio in the other direction... but I think that might actually just be because she's a mod and in order to be effective has to post messages that aren't liable to get a lot of likes.

Hugooo

I just noticed... congrats to Lucy for 46,000 messages!

I also really really hate it when people spam.

Dunk2

Hugooo said:

And for calling things as she sees them!

jdhef

Hugooo said:

Lucy actually has well over 50,000 posts, but during a software update sometime last year all long time members lost posts in their post count, due to some old posts being deleted.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom