Important Well it happened.

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi all. Not a very happy thread today, first off I know I haven’t been on much lately, sorry about that. Anyway my cat had jumped up on one of the tanks (which he does sometimes) and I didn’t really react however when I heard a snap and saw him running for the hills I knew something was wrong. He snapped the glass lid on the tank, he the broken glass and the light plunged in. Luckily the fish seem to be ok as I was able to quickly get the light off (I have my entire fishroom hooked up so if something like this happens I can do a “mass shutdown” from my phone and turn of every piece of equipment in the room with a click) so no one was electrocuted. Now I have this to take care of *sigh*
image.jpg
image.jpg

juniperlea

Well Known
Reaction score
I don't mean to laugh at your misery and frustration, but I am. We're forced to love felines, whether we do or not (and, I Do). Could be worse. You could live in WA and see Murder Hornets in your backyard. One must laugh. :D Myabe?

OP
CaptainAquatics

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
juniperlea said:
I don't mean to laugh at your misery and frustration, but I am. We're forced to love felines, whether we do or not (and, I Do). Could be worse. You could live in WA and see Murder Hornets in your backyard. One must laugh. :D Myabe?
Yeah, truth be told it isn’t to bad. No fish got hurt I managed to turn of the electricity (plus I just redid the wiring so the are higher up anyway), the glass broke in big chunks so it was easy to get out and the only thing left is to get a new lid and do a 50% water change (which I’m doing as I type this). Other than maybe some stress that will come from this I don’t think it will be to back and toof (the cat that fell through) will still be allowed down here, I will just be stricter on where he goes, lol.

New Threads