Well Hiya!

1. Galstaff

Galstaff New Member Member

It all started one day, as a wee little lad, helping my dad landscape, and we had to take care of a septic system for drainage in some circumstances. Then I discovered stuff could live in there, which isnt related, but those experiences gave me a lot of my present skills in taking care of an aquarium. (saltwater excluded, as I never had that much time to lend. lol) I presently have 2 55 gallon tanks, a 36 gallon bowfront, a 20 gallon high, and 2 10 gallon tanks. They all serve different purposes and aesthetics. With the invention of these new LED lights, I am very impressed at the qualities they bring to the view and the experience.
    I dont usually test my water very often, as i happen to live where they do not chlorinate the water, which definitely is a very convenient thing. Most of what I do to take care of my tanks is heavily based on experience from the past and what certain indications bring on.
    With all that being said, I have found this site to be an invaluable resource at certain times, such as when there are new products or trends available. For that i am indebted, and wanted to let you all know I have been around the block. lol. Most fishkeeping has always come easy to me, simply because i grew up landscaping, and at times taking care of water as mentioned above. I learned some things that are generally do not seem to be accepted by some, but have always worked for me, and at the same time have learned that there is always someone that can teach you no matter how experienced, which lands me here a lot. So I thought it would be nice to drop all of you a nice hello, and thanks!

2. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

3. OP
    OP
    Galstaff

Glad to be here! I have enjoyed this site for years, but never signed up, because I am not addicted to the internet. I am addicted to changing water. lol

4. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

I feel you. Only reason I'm on here is insomnia, lol. Can't exactly do water changes at 3AM. Family'll get mad

5. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello and welcome!!
    :;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2:;bananad2

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!

7. OP
    OP
    Galstaff

I have two 55 gallon tanks, a 36 gallon bowfront, a 20 gallon high, and two 10 gallon tanks. One 55 gallon is 16 tiger barbs, 3 small clown loaches, 8 zebra danios, and a rainbow shark. The rainbow shark and the tiger barbs have an interesting hate/love relationship. lol. If the rainbow shark isnt chasing one of them, they go get him a lot of the time and initiate it. The substrate is a local organic everything free potting soil with all the floaties removed, tube sand over that, and decorative rock on top.
    My other 55 gallon has two male vampire swordtails (lyretails), 4 female green swordtails, 4 mollies one of which is male, 3 kuhli loaches, another 8 zebra danios, and another rainbow shark that is less aggressive than most i have had. Both tanks are planted, but this one just recently
    The 36 gallon bowfront is my wife's tank, but she doesnt like to take care of it. lol. So i do. It has 13 glofish tetras, and 8 glofish danios, with lots of fake glowing plants. It looks amazing.
    The 20 gallon is currently empty, except a couple plants, but i keep it going in case i need it for something.
    One of the 10 gallons is for breeding in case that happens, and the other 10 gallon is just for ghost shrimp.

8. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Haha, nice. Are you replying to the question in my signature? It's a link to a thread with a poll.

9. OP
    OP
    Galstaff

Well, lol. I responded to your signature. It just flowed in with the rest of what i was reading and i didnt pick it out.