Welcome to the jungle my finished 30 gallon!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Ethan, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Ethan

Ethan Well Known Member Member

PC260077.jpg PC260075.jpg PC260074.jpg PC260076.jpg
    Alright here it is 8 neon tetras, 1 bn pleco, 6-7 rummynose tetras, 4 mystery snails and 1 angelfish open to stocking suggestions :D

2. brodylane1122

brodylane1122 Well Known Member Member

What are those plant?

3. OP
    OP
    Ethan

i am not really sure lol

4. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

Pretty. Interesting looking substrate. Is that a dirted tank or just mixed sands?

Looks like you have three kinds of plants. Amazon Swords, the large ones with oval shaped leaves. Mondo Grass is the one with the thin dark green leaves. It's also terrestrial so you want to get rid of those quick before they melt. And on top of the wood it looks like you have Anubias Nana.

5. lp89

lp89 Valued Member Member

Keep an eye on your neons with the angelfish. As the angel gets bigger the neons may become snacks.

Plants look awesome, great job!

6. OP
    OP
    Ethan

figured i couldn't trust petco to have fully aquatic plants rofl going to have to get more sword or something to fill. and yeah it is mixed sand

7. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

Looks great!

8. OP
    OP
    Ethan

if i have to get rid of the mondo grass are there any plants that look similar to it that i can use?

9. RogueAgent94

Hairgrass is kind of similar and grows in a lawnish type look.

10. OP
    OP
    Ethan

probably gonna have to order the hairgrass and then i would like a type of moss to cover that whole log lol

11. k8XP

k8XP Valued Member Member

Looks pretty good!
    If you have to replace that grass you can get some corkscrew val, it's really nice, easy to care for. Just make sure you dose with something other than Excel , co2 booster cause heard will melt the vals. Mine do great with root tabs and aqueon plant food.

12. OP
    OP
    Ethan

oh me oh my that corkscrew val is BEAUTIFUL i might just buy that :D

13. soarl

soarl Valued Member Member

LIke the look! That's a neat stump piece!!

14. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

tank looks good, other than the angel later in life everything should be fine, the angels disposition is a shoot as to what will happen really. All could be well or all could be lunch.

15. OP
    OP
    Ethan

hopefully growing up with them will not make them lunch but if they do become lunch well they won't go extinct lol

16. RogueAgent94

Vals are quite pretty plants. Just a tip from previous experience, put them in the back and sides of the tank. They grow terribly tall lol.

17. OP
    OP
    Ethan

just bought 50$ worth of sweet plants from dustinsfishtank.com love his youtube vids and decided to buy some of his stock my tank is going to look dang good with these plants :D

18. OP
    OP
    Ethan

PC270078.jpg i have only the roots in the filter in my 5gallon would this keep them alive? without melting them?

19. RogueAgent94

:;dk I dunno lol. It might! I know the leaves shouldn't be submerged for long periods of time but I've never thought of growing it out of my filter.

20. OP
    OP
    Ethan

i thought it was a cool idea so i will try it for both of us haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice