Welcome to Our Aquarium and Zoo

1. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I promised Tony G. these pics a while back and had to get everything organized and looking decent enough to be willing to post pictures.

As of now, we have 22 tanks up and running and four empty. I also included the insanely spacious cages we have for our non-aquatic pets as well.

I hope you enjoy! My parents are just praying I don't go out of town, since they take care of the animals when we're gone.

These are the family room, we have 8 tanks (1 empty) in there, and the 3rd bedroom, we have 4 tanks (2 empty) up there.

Attached Files:

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

These are the tanks and creatures in my bedroom. We have 5 tanks, one guinea pig, one parakeet, and one conure in there.

Attached Files:

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

This is the kitchen. We have 6 tanks in there, the 3rd betta tank will be going to my mother this weekend. My mother's betta came here in a betta bowl very sick and he's leaving healthy in a 5 gallon cycled betta tank with ornaments and everything.

Attached Files:

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Great pics! In the last picture in the first post, thats a unique looking corner tank. What side is it?
    I'm so happy that your mom's betta is feeling better!

5. lorabell Well Known Member Member

GREAT PICS!!!!!!!..Gotta love our animals!!!!!!!

6. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks, Ladies! That's a 50g. I KNOW I'm going to really argue with myself on keeping it empty if I set it up, so I'm forcing myself to be lazy. I'm trying to make sure I have tanks for any crazy cichlid issues that may come up before the spring, and I'm hoping that two of my koi angels pair off and I was going to put them in there. I think it would make a great angel tank. Maybe a few platys on top and some corys on the bottom. Whatcha think?

7. Regal Well Known Member Member

Wow! You have developed a nasty case of MTS! Sounds like fun :D

8. Shadowbeam Member Member

Man thats MTS personified! But fantastic none-the-less!
    *Is impressed* That must take alot of work and dedication to run so many tanks! Do you do all the water changes on the same day?
    I wish i could have that many tanks ^^ And they all look so beautiful too :)

9. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Wow, I didn't realize you had gone so quickly up to 22 tanks! Man, a lot has happened since my break from FL! :p

Anyway, the tanks are looking great, nice job!

10. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Beautiful tanks, how do you sleep with birds in your bedroom?

11. DRock914 Member Member

I always thought the house I grew up in was bad with the most being 6 or 7 tanks.... Everything looks great. How many days does it take you to do a cycle of WCs?

12. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Hahaha! BB!!! i want my house to look like yours when i grow up LOL

@Shadowbeam: Before she used to do WC's on all tanks on different days. Then some of her tanks were showing really low nitrates so now she only does the WC's when the tank's nitrates are reaching 20 ;)

@ harpua: LOL i remember one day, i sent her a pm and she said: I got 6 new tanks.... LOL i was like :eek: LOL

@redlessi: I wish i knew the answer to that one LOL

BB, i admire you so much :;nw

and to think some of those tanks were part of my enabling... :giggle:
    >:D

EDIT: She does waterchanges all week LOL i think she takes a couple days off though ;)

13. Shadowbeam Member Member

DEDICATION in the dictionary now has 'BB' in the description

14. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Beautiful BB! Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Ken

15. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

crazy fish lady!!!!!!!! fabulous pics...you are the bomb!
    I have that exact corner tank like that and they are AWESOME ...its at work tho and i only get to enjoy when working...(had to set one up there hello..cant be without fish LOL)

16. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks everyone for the kind comments:;group

To answer the questions, I run full parameter tests, PH, ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates on all of my tanks. I have an excel spreadsheet that I keep a log of my readings in. I know it sounds AR, but it helps me keep an eye on PH drops and what I normally have weekly in nitrate levels. I run the tests over a 3 day period, so I'm usually testing 6-8 tanks at that time. I do water changes when nitrates read around 20 or if there was no water change done the week before. I can usually get water changes done in about 1-3hours each day for the three days. It's a labor of love, so it really doesn't bother me.

I cover my birds at night, so that keeps them quiet. However, my birds are fairly quiet for the most part unless I'm in another room. When I'm in the room, one of the birds is usually out of it's cage playing. Cupid is very quiet for a conure, but he'd rather be snuggling than screaming, so I guess we lucked out there.

17. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

What the heck is your electric bill like?!

18. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I blame the electric bill on my daughter leaving the lights on:;banaman

Actually, it's not that bad. I haven't seen it go up that much from before we had the tanks. In fact, it's gone down. Probably since we're back to only having two people in the house instead of 3.

19. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

Jeez, I wish that I could tell my mom that...she swears that my electric bill has tripled since I put up my 55.:;dk

20. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Bolivanbaby Maybe you should get another tank
    Lol
    Beatifil tanks though :cool: