Welcome To FishLore

Tudorwoman

Hello!
Happy to be here! I'm a new 20 gal high aquarium owner! I run a daycare and the kids are loving the fish! I have a really bad problem with Algae right now and could use some help to clear it up. I have an algae eater but the little guy just can't keep up. The local fish store recommended a UV light to kill the algae so I ordered one. When I got it the instructions say to now put in the main display area it would kill the fish too! I'm confused as to where a safe place would be to put it on the tank?? Any suggestions?

Thank you!

StarGirl

I know nothing of the UV light.....I think your lfs sold you extra equipment....:( How long are your lights on every day and do you use ferts?

JettsPapa

Live plants can help by taking up some of the nutrients that would otherwise go to algae, and limiting light can also be a big help.

AcornTheBetta

Tudorwoman said:
Hello!
Happy to be here! I'm a new 20 gal high aquarium owner! I run a daycare and the kids are loving the fish! I have a really bad problem with Algae right now and could use some help to clear it up. I have an algae eater but the little guy just can't keep up. The local fish store recommended a UV light to kill the algae so I ordered one. When I got it the instructions say to now put in the main display area it would kill the fish too! I'm confused as to where a safe place would be to put it on the tank?? Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Welcome! Live plants are some of the best ways to kill algae.

86 ssinit

What type of uv filter is it. Brand name? Most uvs are internal filters that have a small pump on them. They are placed inside the tank and water runs through them passed the light and back into the tank. Yes they do kill algae.

RubberDuck

Hello, have you thought about snails?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom