Weird Thing In Angelfish's Nose/nostril/idk What It Is.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Angelfish101, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Angelfish101

Angelfish101Valued MemberMember

Okay. So I was on vacation for a week and left my tank in a healthy manner and did a water change before I left. I came home today and I notice my Angelfish has a strange white puff coming out of its nose (I don't think it has a nose, but there are 2 small holes that are like nostrils.) I would post a picture of it, but my camera isn't working. I don't know if it is a disease or something. Please lmk what it is. If my camera starts to cooperate with me, I will post a picture of the fish ASAP.

2. OP
    OP
    Angelfish101

IMG_0827.PNG

My phone camera finally worked

Attached Files:

3. Caitlin86

Caitlin86Well Known MemberMember

4. OP
    OP
    Angelfish101

I just read this now and I tested my waters. My pH is at 7.0, my ammonia levels are 0 ppm and my nitrite levels are 0 ppm. I did notice my Nitrate levels were VERY high so I did a water change and added some nitrate detoxification primer. I will wait a little bit to test the water again.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  5. OP
    OP
    Angelfish101

Ok, i tested my nitrate a little while ago and it went from 80 to 20. But, the white spot on my angelfish has disappeared and it is like a scab is forming. What should I do now?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice