"Weird" Spontaneous analfin on Bichir

Jackson85309
I swear I've either never noticed my bichir looks like it's giving birth, or its booty hole is irritated, or he just popped up with a new fin. I don't know. I've never noticed it before. I've had him for awhile. I looked up if they were live bearers but no. So I dont know if this is the beggining of a new fin or constipation or something, some advice is very welcome.

I took some pics, but I couldnt get a bottom view, it looks like he's birthing because it looks opened up and a little red, but not in an irritated way, more like him birthing. Itz hard to explain

Madeline Peterson
Jackson85309
Awe man, any suggestions on medication? I'll check for worms later and update the thread. He does eat wild fish I catch out in lakes and chop up and freeze. You think that could be it? Thank you

Madeline Peterson
Eating uncooked wild fish could definitely cause it. Try the medications suggested in the article. Both are more commonly sold as dog dewormers, so don't just look in the fish section of the pet store. Also look in the dog meds section. Make sure to read the ingredients and make sure one of the relevant medications is in there. Also, if you can't find it in a pet store, try Amazon.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom