Weird Question, I haven't seen my Goldfish poop in a bit.

lbonini1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
This is a weird question, how do I know if they're constipated? I haven't seen them poop but then again there was one strand of poop at the bottom of the tank this week...

They used to go around with long strands of poop hanging and now I don't see it anymore. The only thing they eat is Tetra Sinking Pellets for Goldfish though I'm going to switch them to Omega One.

Also as another question, are Hikari Algae Wafers a good regulator, will they relieve constipation?

I don't have any frozen peas but I do have canned peas, does it matter where they come from?

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I heard from another forum member that Hikari algae wafers are pretty horrendous and full of fillers, so I'm not sure how reliable or good they are. Never used them myself before.

lbonini1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I heard from another forum member that Hikari algae wafers are pretty horrendous and full of fillers, so I'm not sure how reliable or good they are. Never used them myself before.
Yikes. I ended up finding some frozen peas in my freezer, gave them that. Especially the Pearlscale who has floaty issues at times.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Canned peas may contain salt and other ingredients that the fish do not need. It's best to use thawed frozen peas to help with constipation issues.

Best wishes for your fish!

Ken

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom