Weird Question, I haven't seen my Goldfish poop in a bit.

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by lbonini1, Jul 17, 2015.

1. lbonini1

lbonini1 Well Known Member Member

This is a weird question, how do I know if they're constipated? I haven't seen them poop but then again there was one strand of poop at the bottom of the tank this week...

They used to go around with long strands of poop hanging and now I don't see it anymore. The only thing they eat is Tetra Sinking Pellets for Goldfish though I'm going to switch them to Omega One.

Also as another question, are Hikari Algae Wafers a good regulator, will they relieve constipation?

I don't have any frozen peas but I do have canned peas, does it matter where they come from?

2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

I heard from another forum member that Hikari algae wafers are pretty horrendous and full of fillers, so I'm not sure how reliable or good they are. Never used them myself before.

3. OP
    OP
    lbonini1

lbonini1 Well Known Member Member

Yikes. I ended up finding some frozen peas in my freezer, gave them that. Especially the Pearlscale who has floaty issues at times.

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Canned peas may contain salt and other ingredients that the fish do not need. It's best to use thawed frozen peas to help with constipation issues.

Best wishes for your fish!

Ken :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice