Weird Poo? Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Blaggy, Apr 19, 2018.

1. B

Blaggy New Member Member

Hey can anybody tell me what this is coming out of this gourami? I’m concerned it’s possible internal parasites. This one and another had something similar but the other one was whiter and looked more broken up. They’re fed tetrapro color flakes. They seem to have appetites still. No unusual behavior that I’ve noticed. The string just hangs there and has gotten longer over a period of time.

IMG_6845.JPG

2. M

Madeline Peterson New Member Member

It's poop. There are a number of reasons for it to be white. If your fish are otherwise healthy, don't worry about it.

3. GrayGray4231

GrayGray4231 Well Known Member Member

Yup! It's just poop!

4. OP
    OP
    B

Blaggy New Member Member

Haha ok thanks. I'm like a mother hen.

He does seem to be resting at the surface in the corner lately though. I noticed part of it broke off so it became smaller, but its now gotten longer again. Maybe he's just constipated?

5. GrayGray4231

Shelled peas, try that!

6. OP
    OP
    B

Blaggy New Member Member

Just throw in some peas for them to eat? Do I need to mush them up?

7. GrayGray4231

Nope, just shell them!

If they don't eat them, make sure you take them out!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2018
  8. OP
    OP
    B

Blaggy New Member Member

9. GrayGray4231

Anytime ;)

10. M

Madeline Peterson New Member Member

If he is pooping, then he is not constipated. It's possible that he is pooping so much because he was a bit constipated in the past, but that's not something you have to worry about.

11. Snailwhisperer

Snailwhisperer Valued Member Member

Mine poop pink when they eat pink. I think peas will change the aesthetic but...is green really the color you prefer?

12. OP
    OP
    B

Blaggy New Member Member

Is it normal for the poop to still be long and hanging on still? It seems like one of them always has something there, like the hole is always open with stuff coming out.

13. Snailwhisperer

Snailwhisperer Valued Member Member

If it is not, then I have some weird fish.

Seriously: I did read somewhere that stringy poo was a problem with parasites. (you may want to google it) I don't think you have fish with stringy poo. Probably means they are eating well!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice