Weird mutant babies anyone?

1. fletch Member Member

My mate has 15 1 month old guppies and I noticed today that one of them has a deformed tail. It swims realy well and is quite healthy. The tail is realy long but it doesnt have any shape, its just a whip kind of thing. whip tailed guppies would be quite cool. If it survives im going to help breed some more. look out for whip tailed guppies in the near future and you will know who they came from!!! Does anyone else have anything like this?

2. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

That's cool! Could you download a pic of the guppy??

3. joe Member Member

no i have not seen anything like that please download a picture.

4. fletch Member Member

I wish I could take a decent pic of something that small, how do you do it?

5. joe Member Member

i dont know

6. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Fletch, you probably need a camera with a good zoom on it.

7. fletch Member Member

Just got one, I've posted some pics already mate. cheers

8. hydreloy Initiate Member

Hey Fletch where's the pictures?

9. fletch Member Member

I'll take some tomorrow. the guppy isnt mine so i'll have to take the camera round when I see my mate tomorrow

10. ncje Member Member

Euthenase it........ then it cant mix in with the healthy guppy population propogating bad geneology. Guppies with varied tails are usually bred from normal adults based on normal physical traits... not a deformity.

Best way to euthenase is just feed it to other fish.

11. SunnShadow Member Member

Ouch! That sounded a little cold......... couldn't it simply be kept with others of the same sex or different species so it can't breed? That way it can't pass on genetic disorders, but doesn't have to die. A life is a life, after all.................

S.

12. ncje Member Member

Sure it can...... but a fish doesnt have the benefits a disabled person may have in life. It cant tell you this disability causes pain every day etc etc.

13. inari Well Known Member Member

who says this little blessing is in pain if he doesn't look like he's having any problems let him live i mean he sounds cool enough I'd love to see a pic

14. kerryve Member Member

Oh shame, i couldnt possibly murder one of my fish... If its really suffering id consider it but if it swims ok, eats ok looks ok, its ok.

15. leafgirl115 Member Member

I cant even cull fish.... I even have trouble killing my fish when they are dieing.

16. inari Well Known Member Member

u should care for ur fish if they are on their last leg until the go belly up that is just horrible trying to kill ur fish...

17. robby270 Initiate Member

killing a fish shouldn't be hard, i mean if u can't kill somthing as small as a guppy then thats pretty sad, its the circle of life. However killing a fish because it looks differernt is another thing, if it's deformaty is wearing it down or causing any sort of problems for itself or anyother fish them kill it. But from what you've told us then killing the guppy would simply be a waste of time, effort and is in my opinion crule.

Kill if you need to, do not look back and it will be easy
    Do not kill if the fish is fine otherwise i'll................ call peta on you lol, serously though if he is fine leave him alone

18. inari Well Known Member Member

BTW We are all still waiting on those pic of the new breed of guppy the whip tail!!!!

~inari

19. Tom Fishlore VIP Member

From what I've herad from somebody, is that if your fish is diseased big time(with an uncurable disease) instead of letting it suffer, you could put it in a container with enough water and then put it in the freezer. That way it slowly dies and doesn't suffer anymore. I haven't personally done and I don't think I have the heart to do that to one of my fish. I'm not trying to sound cruel but, that is just what somebody told me.
    Tom

20. inari Well Known Member Member

that is way cruel i'd never do that!!!!