Weird mutant babies anyone?

fletch

Reaction score
My mate has 15 1 month old guppies and I noticed today that one of them has a deformed tail. It swims really well and is quite healthy. The tail is really long but it doesn't have any shape, its just a whip kind of thing. whip tailed guppies would be quite cool. If it survives I'm going to help breed some more. look out for whip tailed guppies in the near future and you will know who they came from!!! Does anyone else have anything like this?

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's cool! Could you download a pic of the guppy??

joe

Reaction score
no I have not seen anything like that please download a picture.

OP
F

fletch

Reaction score
I wish I could take a decent pic of something that small, how do you do it?

OP
F

fletch

Reaction score
Just got one, I've posted some pics already mate. cheers

OP
F

fletch

Reaction score
I'll take some tomorrow. the guppy isn't mine so I'll have to take the camera round when I see my mate tomorrow

ncje

Reaction score
Euthenase it........ then it can't mix in with the healthy guppy population propogating bad geneology. Guppies with varied tails are usually bred from normal adults based on normal physical traits... not a deformity.

Best way to euthenase is just feed it to other fish.

SunnShadow

Reaction score
ncje said:
Euthenase it........ then it can't mix in with the healthy guppy population propogating bad geneology. Guppies with varied tails are usually bred from normal adults based on normal physical traits... not a deformity.

Best way to euthenase is just feed it to other fish.
Ouch! That sounded a little cold......... couldn't it simply be kept with others of the same sex or different species so it can't breed? That way it can't pass on genetic disorders, but doesn't have to die. A life is a life, after all.................

S.

ncje

Reaction score
Sure it can...... but a fish doesn't have the benefits a disabled person may have in life. It can't tell you this disability causes pain every day etc etc.

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
who says this little blessing is in pain if he doesn't look like he's having any problems let him live I mean he sounds cool enough I'd love to see a pic

kerryve

Reaction score
Oh shame, I couldnt possibly murder one of my fish... If its really suffering id consider it but if it swims ok, eats ok looks ok, its ok.

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
u should care for ur fish if they are on their last leg until the go belly up that is just horrible trying to kill ur fish...

robby270

Reaction score
killing a fish shouldn't be hard, I mean if u can't kill something as small as a guppy then that's pretty sad, its the circle of life. However killing a fish because it looks differernt is another thing, if it's deformaty is wearing it down or causing any sort of problems for itself or anyother fish them kill it. But from what you've told us then killing the guppy would simply be a waste of time, effort and is in my opinion crule.

Kill if you need to, do not look back and it will be easy
Do not kill if the fish is fine otherwise i'll................ call peta on you lol, serously though if he is fine leave him alone

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
BTW We are all still waiting on those pic of the new breed of guppy the whip tail!!!!

~inari

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
In my parents house. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Experience
More than 10 years
From what I've herad from somebody, is that if your fish is diseased big time(with an uncurable disease) instead of letting it suffer, you could put it in a container with enough water and then put it in the freezer. That way it slowly dies and doesn't suffer anymore. I haven't personally done and I don't think I have the heart to do that to one of my fish. I'm not trying to sound cruel but, that is just what somebody told me.
Tom

New Threads