Weird looking spots?

Sanchez5296

Hello, I have a betta that has these orange looking spots. Anybody know what this could be? It looks sort of dark orange in person. It is really hard to get a good picture in person, I put the "blurry" because I believe it closely resembles the color that I see in person. It's on the tail(body) toward the top and on the bottom. I believe that she had a similar thing just in front of her dorsal fin. I can try to get a better picture if needed. The parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 Nitrite, and around 10 nitrate. I can get a better picture if needed

bettafairy

It could just be coloration appearing overtime, or it could be velvet, but I’m honestly unsure. I would look up some pictures of velvet and see if the spots match up, I can’t tell with the picture but you might be able to tell in person. Your betta looks overall healthy IMO. However your profile states that you aren’t aware of the nitrogen cycle which is another issue.

Upvote 0

Sanchez5296

It could just be coloration appearing overtime, or it could be velvet, but I’m honestly unsure. I would look up some pictures of velvet and see if the spots match up, I can’t tell with the picture but you might be able to tell in person. Your betta looks overall healthy IMO. However your profile states that you aren’t aware of the nitrogen cycle which is another issue.
Thank you for the response, I need to change the nitrogen cycle thing. It might be due to coloring but not sure.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sanchez5296
  • Question
Replies
Views
Sanchez5296
Replies
Views
Scubagirl1