Weird Filter Media?

Guppygirl88

Tonite browsing Goodwill,I found these(sorry no pic)large straw capsule things tightly wrapped in mesh. The package said to put them under your ponds waterfall...to remove odors and detritus. It said it could take a month for them to start working so my questions of course are: is this a thing you can really use, what are they called and how do they work and if you can answer those I may have some more...

goldfishexpert

not a pond expert, but metal in a tank, maybe scents?

I think its a feeding frame

Wraithen

Sounds like a waterfall filter. Google those and see if that's the idea or not.

goldfishexpert

Guppygirl88 said:
Tonite browsing Goodwill,I found these(sorry no pic)large straw capsule things tightly wrapped in mesh. The package said to put them under your ponds waterfall...to remove odors and detritus. It said it could take a month for them to start working so my questions of course are: is this a thing you can really use, what are they called and how do they work and if you can answer those I may have some more...[ ]
Wraithen said:
Sounds like a waterfall filter. Google those and see if that's the idea or not.
exactly wha I was saying

Guppygirl88

goldfishexpert said:
not a pond expert, but metal in a tank, maybe scents?

I think its a feeding frame
Sorry , it was plastic mesh like an Orange bag they looked like straw shaped cucumbers see weired

goldfishexpert

barley straw?

Guppygirl88

goldfishexpert said:
barley straw?
Found it! Google? really? Google usually sends everyone here - so is that going to be a thing now? "just Google it"well, things are sure laid back on the weekends around here

david1978

Whole sites been going downhill. No not really. Buy you could of at least attached a pic.

coralbandit

I believe the cut up straws are referred to as Kaldness media ?

Guppygirl88

david1978 said:
Whole sites been going downhill. No not really. Buy you could of at least attached a pic.
There was a pic- maybe I made the Google mad with what I said sure hope the Google doesn't send a tornado to attack Louisville KY did that one show up?
Screenshot_2019-06-23-22-02-10.jpg

Guppygirl88

coralbandit said:
I believe the cut up straws are referred to as Kaldness media ?
I've been thinking about this barley straw; if it works , Why does it work?

Latest threads

Top Bottom