Weird Dwarf Gourami

OiFisho

There's nothing wrong with my Gourami, he's just a weird fishy. My gourami has witnessed his first water change yesterday and saw that old food came up and started eating it. When I was done, he started moving around and kicking up stuff that survived the water change. He ate all the stuff he kicked up. Also, he's very friendly, the one thing I was worried about was him getting nipped at by an ADF and then killing it, but he was accidently nipped at and didn't care. He's very friendly, except towards his reflection. He attacks his reflection so much it's weird, eventually he gets tired but he will go back at it again and again! Lastly, I have real plants in the fish tank, yet he chooses to nibble the fake red plant. Food does sometimes get stuck in that plant so that might be why but still.

BigManAquatics

It kind of amazes me how much time fish will spend scavaging for possible food when they are well-fed!

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

It kind of amazes me how much time fish will spend scavaging for possible food when they are well-fed!
Uhhhh that's natural behaviour.
Fish don't have breakfast, lunch and dinner as we humans. Fish are allmost constantly searching for food. In most cases we're even overfeeding when we're feeding them.

OP : It doesn't fight its reflection, it's fighting "another gourami that entered his territory"
As long it is there it will "fight" it.

Upvote 0

OiFisho

Uhhhh that's natural behaviour.
Fish don't have breakfast, lunch and dinner as we humans. Fish are allmost constantly searching for food. In most cases we're even overfeeding when we're feeding them.

OP : It doesn't fight its reflection, it's fighting "another gourami that entered his territory"
As long it is there it will "fight" it.
That would explain why he only ever attacks his reflection on the left side of the tank.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Macandcheesequeen
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
  • Question
Replies
Views
Mrshubunkin