Weird Creature In My Tank

Dino325

Reaction score
What are these?? At first thought it was triops. But I found a few of them. Are they parasites? Found 1 swimming around in my aquarium few days ago. And today found another one attached to my goldfish fin. They swim crazy fast. Should I be worried?
Screenshot_20190721-225810034.jpg
P_20190719_011403.jpg
Screenshot_20190719-012335.jpg

Dino325

Reaction score
It's alive and swimming fast as lightning. Few days ago I found one in my Hospital tank, bigger size which I thought maybe triops egg somehow end up in filter sponge or something. Today I found one in my main tank attached to my calico fin. Both hospital and main tank were using different sponge filter so I don't know where they come from. I try to look for more but can't find any. I'm afraid it's bad for my Fishes. I looked up Google but can't find anything about this weird alien thing.

Dino325

Reaction score
Yes it's alive and healthy. I cought it and put it on a small cap filled with water. Crazy active. It looks like tiny horse shoe crab.

FishLeGeNd

Valued Member
Reaction score
I googled this and absolutely nothing came up

I don't think it is a crab

It could be a baby of some sort of animal

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, have a look at Argulus louse, that’s what it looks like to me & goldfish do seem to be prone to them.

Dino325

Reaction score
I searched Google for few days can't find anything. At first I thought it was a triops which is relative to horseshoe crab but very small, since they have the same feature. But I don't think it is.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom