Weird Clear Goo?

• Thread starter Ivey Morris
  • Start date

Ivey Morris

I have weird goo appearing in my tank. I have 3 zebra danios and two snails (I cannot remember what kind) in this tank. Does anyone know if the fish or snails or what would produce this?

I googled an and this looks exactly what is in my tank.

I read that it was snail eggs, but just wanted to get it verified and also see if anyone knows any more info on exactly what it is. And if it is snail eggs, how many will hatch and any more details you can give? I honestly do not need more snails and was just wondering if its eggs or some sort of algae or weird substance I have going on in my tank.
upload_2018-2-25_16-32-32.jpeg

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Hello!

If they look exactly like that, you have some bladder snails in your tank; they reproduce faster than rabbits and are considered pest snails (some see them as free algae cleaners lol). If you don’t want any more snails, you’ll want to remove the clear jelly sack asap. BUT, if you’re snails are indeed bladder snails (which I think they are) they’ll reproduce unless you remove them as well.

(Shoudl also mention that bladder snails are asexual, they’ll breed with only one in the tank!)

Mad

Definitely snail eggs

Top Bottom