Weird bulge

RayRay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My biggest gold zebra danio has this weird bulge in her tummy. Is it something to worry about? She ate this morning and I only fed them a little bit. She's acting normal, swimming around and chasing her boys as always. The only weird behavior is the past couple days she's been swimming into the little treasure chest that my dojo loach usually hides in, but I figured she was looking for food. Am I fretting for nothing?

Pictures of her now
292.jpg

293.jpg

Picture from a few weeks ago
294.jpg

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Dont qoute me on this but it might be eggs she caring. If not i would fast her for a few days on feeding.

Chris

RayRay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Apparently I was fretting over nothing. It's gone as of this morning and she's absolutely fine. Thank you Chris for the suggestion. I don't see any eggs but I guess time will tell (unless my loach eats them all lol)

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Apparently I was fretting over nothing. It's gone as of this morning and she's absolutely fine. Thank you Chris for the suggestion. I don't see any eggs but I guess time will tell (unless my loach eats them all lol)
They probaly ate the eggs if they werent protected. What kind of gravel do you have? Because if you had marbles that would be a good place for the eggs to hatch without getting eaten.

Chris

RayRay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Just regular aquarium gravel that they sell at petstores. I actually don't want to be breeding anyone right now, I just don't have the resources. So if any potential eggs get eaten it would be a sort of blessing.

Danionins.com

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you've got both males & females, and they are healthy and well cared for, they are most certainly spawning. Perhaps 2 to 3 times a week. They will make short work of any eggs and fry that they find.

Dennis

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom