Weird Black Molly

1. Jake chetney Initiate Member

Hi ever since i started my 60g tank my black female molly has been not what most female fish ive had at all, shes always been agressive top alpha fish of tank, chases even the male mollies, and any fish its not a problem she has been like this ever since i got the tank like 4 months ago and she dosent really chase fish she sorta just pokes, and this female black molly has definetly been pregnant for a while ever since the pet store gave me her she was fatter on the stomach then the other mollies, ive never seen her give birth before but i bet its likely she has but she must be a master hunter of her fry because ive seen none, but its weird because guppy fry live in the tank easily so i was just wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this and if anything sounds odd or incorrect thanks i dont know if it will let me post pictures it hasnt worked lately. Yes i know these pictures of the molly shows it having ick its already gone this was about 2 weeks ago.

2. goplecos Well Known Member Member

I had one like that they are more common than you would think, when she was very old (4) but still super aggressive I put her in a 5 gallon where she promptly gave birth and then died.