Weird belly on one of my zebra danios

Discussion in 'Zebra Danio' started by SnarkyXTS, Jun 26, 2016.

1. SnarkyXTS

SnarkyXTS Valued Member Member

I've had my zebra danios since I've had my 60g community tank, over a year now. I noticed that one of my zebra danios has a strange belly shape, at first I thought maybe she's full of eggs but it's not the typical rounded belly, it's lopsided. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1466979195.786599.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1466979216.569718.jpg anyone know what's going on with her

2. OP
    OP
    SnarkyXTS

Water parameters are all good,
    Ammonia 0, Nitites 0, Nitrates 5; ph is high 8.2 but it's always been that way from the start; very hard water
    Community tank w/2 Angels, 4 mollies, 2 juvenile mollies, 3 platies, 1 DG, 1 albino bn pleco, 2 Amano shrimp, & 9 zebra danios (including one that I'm asking about)
    Fish are all healthy & normal. Diet of seachem flakes (has garlic & antibiotics it says in then), tetra flakes, occasional blood worms.
    Danios in question has no issues besides the lopsided belly.
    No other fish are having issues.
    I do weekly 20-25% pwc. Mildly planted. I use prime, vitachem & flourish.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  3. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

Hmm.... sometimes my Zebras eat too much and have a lopsided look to their belly, but it usually subsides by the next day, and since their stomach goes almost under their chins I can tell that's not what's happening with your danio, as the swelling is near the vent, maybe constipation? have you tried feeding it peas?

4. OP
    OP
    SnarkyXTS

Haven't tried peas this time but did fast whole tank for 2 days to see if it's belly would go back to normal but it didn't/hasn't. I'll try the peas now & see if it gets better.

5. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

Yea, I hope it gets better...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice