it's on the glass and it was on my ceramic ornament. it's kind of spotted/speckly. it's been there for like a week and my ottos haven't eaten any of it. i've had plenty of algae problems before, but it's never looked like this. there's also some algae that's kind of stringy. it's been growing off my fake plants and ornaments. my molly enjoys pulling on it, but my ottos get caught in it. it reminds me of like a think green spider web, but more clumped together. it's pretty thick. i don't know anything at all about algae, but this stuff looks gross and is bothering my fish. any ideas?