Weighing Java Moss Down With Gravel?

Trenzalore

I have a large cloud of floating java moss in my aquarium and would like to do something with it other than tying it to my driftwood. I saw this video -
- and would like to weigh my moss down in a similar fashion, to make a messy carpet look. How would I go about doing this? I have the Black Imaginarium Aquarium Sand from Petco, which my amazon sword has rooted in very well. Would adding regular large-ish gravel into the tank with my sand help my plants root better, and could I use that same gravel to hold down my java moss into a presentable carpet? I only have a nerite snail in the tank at the moment and I'm re cycling my tank after the death of my betta (died in a quarantine tank, main tank is fine and not affected by dead fish gunk), so now would be the time to make any extra additions to the tank.

Nuchi

Should work but you also could glue it to rocks/wood as well using Gel Super Glue as its safe to use. I have some of the Gorilla glue brand of it. Has to be Gel type as far as I know though.

Trenzalore

Would the glue cause the glued part of the moss to turn to liquefy and die though? I'm cautious to hold the moss down if it could kill it.

Nuchi

It is commonly used for Java moss/Anubias and have never hard of it doing that personally though I know they can do that going from living in air to under water but typically is a temp problem. Oh and you don't need a lot of it because the glued part is bound and can not move/grow whiten the glue so say don't glue all of the roots of a plant or the growing tips that will kill sections or worse but with Java moss I can't see that being a problem as its nearly impossible to kill. Just don't go crazy with the stuff and everything should be fine.

That is not to say what you said would not also work as it should, I literally had some pest snails plant some crystalwort in my substrate by falling off the floating mass and taking it to the bottom with them as I have witnessed them doing lol and it stays fine with how loosely the placed it. It actually has grown quite a bit too.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Spencer318
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank Java Moss is being weird
Replies
Views
JLAquatics
  • Question
5 Gallon Tank About Java Moss
Replies