weekend fishing trip Funny

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by broncosno1, Mar 26, 2010.

1. b

broncosno1 New Member Member

soooooooo. Im leaving the sporting goods store. i had just stocked up on all my equipment for a weekend of fishing. i got my fishing license, my bobbers my splitshots hooks. pretty much everything im gonna use for the next two months before salt water angling takes off in june. so im driving home and my truck starts to like steer in the direction of the petsmart along the way home. it puts itself in park....cause trust me i had no control whatsoever by this time. a tractor beam pulls me inside the store and into the aisle where the bettas are located. before i could even react im realizing im leaving the store with prime betta super flakes and two more bettas! WHAT JUST HAPPENED? LOL

anyhow, here is a few pictures of my new crowntail flaring at OZZY. i also picked up a female who was marked as a male. i dont know who was in charge of sexing these things but her false egg was a dead give away. Any idea what breed she may be? She has more than normal elongated fins. if i hadnt known any better id have mistaken her for a younger male perhaps

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  2. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

What a Pretty new boy.
    The female looks like a VT to me. The sickle dorsal is a give away :)
    Pretty girl.

3. OP
    OP
    b

any reason her fins are elnogated so much? is this a gene that is desirable?

4. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Funny how that happens!
    Sorry, can't help with the betta type. My fems have always had fins like that.

5. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

The male is gorgeous and your female is a nice VT...Nothing wrong with her at all......

6. OP
    OP
    b

thank you guys very much. more cleaning on my part. but oh well.

7. Shine

Shine Well Known Member Member

Wow! I don't even care for CTs but he is gorgous!! and if I had spotted a girl that pretty in petsmart I'd be doomed too! All the ones I've seen look brown and kinda sick. Poor things, all the stress... evil store....

8. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

I hate those tractor beams...get me everytime! ROFL! Your bettas look amazing! Ozzy looks like my Betta Sherlock, exact coloring lol.

9. d

damprye Valued Member Member

I almost gave in again myself yesterday lol, there was a beautiful all bright red CT and he looked like perfect show stock, there was not even one spot of any other colour and every detail on him was perfect, only problem was that he looked like he was at least two already :(
    Congrats on your newbies, those betta really know how to attract people lol

10. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah!!!!! Congrats on the new Bettas! Beautiful!
    Have a great fishing trip!
    Ken

11. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

So. You know if you come home and tell us how many fish you caught? These two don't count. That's cheating!! :p

Lovely boy, and I agree that I don't know much about little girls, but she's nice too, all the ones we see in UK are brown and a little dull :(

12. OP
    OP
    b

2 small winter flounder and 3 blue claw crabs when we went to the shore and the trip to the lake we caught 2 dozen channel catfish. i chopped up the ribbons from the flounder and tested to see if a few if my babies like the fresh meat. boy they loved it. i read somewhere people who live by the shore have it the best they can feesd their fish bits of clam mussels grass shrimp...pretty much whatever u can gather or catch. i think its a bit risky with bacteria and all from the wild but i guess for a treat they reaaaaaaaly liked it

13. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Lol gald you had a good time.

14. Deeps

Deeps Valued Member Member

beautiful fish... congrats.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice