Week 6 Of Fishless Cycle Complete

GreekGills

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Currently on week 7 fishless cycle on my 29gal. Have been battling soft water and low pH, but the cycle is still making progress. Ive added crushed coral and, just yesterday, a limestone rock to help stabilize the pH.

Ammonia has been processing 2ppm/36hrs, when lately it's only been 1ppm/24hrs.

Parameters:
Temp: 86f
pH: 6.3
Amm: .25ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 80ppm

Should I water change to bring nitrates down? I feel like I should leave it be since I'm not stalled, but if I can do anything to speed things along even a little, it wouldn't hurt my feelings!
Also, this morning's 0 nitrite reading was the first one since starting the cycle, does that mean progress or am I just overanalyzing everything? Be honest

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Currently on week 7 fishless cycle on my 29gal. Have been battling soft water and low pH, but the cycle is still making progress. Ive added crushed coral and, just yesterday, a limestone rock to help stabilize the pH.

Ammonia has been processing 2ppm/36hrs, when lately it's only been 1ppm/24hrs.

Parameters:
Temp: 86f
pH: 6.3
Amm: .25ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 80ppm

Should I water change to bring nitrates down? I feel like I should leave it be since I'm not stalled, but if I can do anything to speed things along even a little, it wouldn't hurt my feelings!
Also, this morning's 0 nitrite reading was the first one since starting the cycle, does that mean progress or am I just overanalyzing everything? Be honest
I’d leave it be, that’s how I did my last fishless cycle.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom