Website For List Of Plants Based On Care?

Zoomo
Is there a plant seller website that give you or lists plants based on their care level, light needed, and nutrients needed? I looked on the interwebs and cannot seem to find something with a search or like tabs for easy care, moderate care, etc. Also does anybody offer like prime 2 day shipping? I was trying to coordinate adding this and sand at the same time with a partial water change, and my Syphon will be here tomorrow. I checked Amazon and I do not see anything and even if I did other than anubia, I have no idea the care levels of items listed. Yes, I can go to each item and read the descriptions, but I am getting so confused. I also would like them potted for the time being. I just want a few. Nothing amazing.

Coradee
Have a look at Tropica or Aquarium gardens, both I think have a-z’s of their plants with difficulty ratings

ValerieAdams
BucePlant.com has a beginner section of plants. However I think you have to click on them to see what the requirements for light, CO2, etc. are. I haven't found anything with free shipping. If you're just looking for basic potted plants, your local pet stores may have some

CanadianFishFan
H20 Plants may?

Zoomo
Well, was gonna buy 3 of each of the following, since I know zilch about growing plants, and these seem to be the easiest, but it is 30 dollars in shipping for something that probably weighs 5 ounces and not even next day shipping.

ValerieAdams
Well, was gonna buy 3 of each of the following, since I know zilch about growing plants, and these seem to be the easiest, but it is 30 dollars in shipping for something that probably weighs 5 ounces and not even next day shipping.
It's showing me $4.99 a piece for shipping. Which is less than the other plant websites I have seen. You could try to post on the BST forum here and see if anyone has any of those. I believe those are pretty common though, you could probably find them in your local pet store

Zoomo
Yeah,
It's showing me $4.99 a piece for shipping. Which is less than the other plant websites I have seen. You could try to post on the BST forum here and see if anyone has any of those. I believe those are pretty common though, you could probably find them in your local pet store

Yeah, bit it is tripling it, 4.99 x 3, so 15 just for the one plant.

ValerieAdams
Yeah,

Yeah, bit it is tripling it, 4.99 x 3, so 15 just for the one plant.
Oh, I understand. That is a bit ridiculous. I think the plants I got from Buce Plant were around $20 for shipping

I'm wrong. It was $10.50 to get 6 plants. And they arrived within a few days of placing the order

Alex6455
I got plants for around $10 shipping. Same shipping price from H20 plants. Would recommend both of them.

Zoomo
I'm wrong. It was $10.50 to get 6 plants. And they arrived within a few days of placing the order
I will check them out. Thanks.

I would go get them myself at pet shop, but mentioned in another thread somewhere on this forum that we have 2 cars. My hubby takes one to work and leaves it there (while he goes out truck driving), because I do not want to drive at 2 am to drop him off for work or pick him up. My son has the other and he is just too busy to take me anywhere. I mean I have to really yell and get upset, so it is easier for me to just order stuff online.

Alex6455
That sucks, I have to order all my stuff online too because my LFS sucks, they don't even carry plants. Even my Petco is better, but I don't want to support big-box stores.

ValerieAdams
I will check them out. Thanks.

I would go get them myself at pet shop, but mentioned in another thread somewhere on this forum that we have 2 cars. My hubby takes one to work and leaves it there (while he goes out truck driving), because I do not want to drive at 2 am to drop him off for work or pick him up. My son has the other and he is just too busy to take me anywhere. I mean I have to really yell and get upset, so it is easier for me to just order stuff online.
You might try posting on here too. People can probably give you recommendations and in the BST I've had several people ask for me to just pay shipping ($7-$8) and send me more than I got from Buce.

Zoomo
You might try posting on here too. People can probably give you recommendations and in the BST I've had several people ask for me to just pay shipping ($7-$8) and send me more than I got from Buce.

I will check it out. I am a worry wort and I worry that people would not want to sell to me because I know nothing about plants, so I might accidentally kill what they sell me (stores do not care if you kill what they sell you, as they made their money). I will say, I still have all 4 bettas alive and well (one my son had and he had it in a bowl and didn't do water changes for like 2 or 3 weeks, no filter, heater, etc., and didn't feed it either and I stole it to rescue him and started out with just this stupid little tiny bowl to where I am today with a 40 gallon and like 12 extra filters, heaters, 2 betta tanks, etc. My husband just tries to ignore what I buy, but dang it, I work too and I work nights so I earn my animals and he is never home so he should not care at all anyway, so ). It had/has fin rot that I have treated 3 times, but it just stays the way it is. But he is healthy so far and I have him since October. I have 3 others who I bought online in around December, I guess. All healthy little buggers and one likes me to rub his sides. The snails and Cory's even though squished into too small of a tank, I knew they were in too small of a tank, and I made plans to fix that and even with my overfeeding nightmare, I kept their tank clean, sometimes water changes 2-3 times a week, but full water changes and clean out the tank (except for media only rinsed it off in tank water), once a week. So, once I commit to something, I become attached and will research to the ends of the earth to find a way to help it and will not hesitate to post or ask questions. But all Mysteries are still here for over 6 months now and Cory's. I have 3 cats, a dog, a parrot, and they are all fed each day, cleaned, etc. I love my animals.

I did see somebody selling Plecos on BST and they were gorgeous a while back that he bred and wanted one then but I was not set up to have one, and even now, I have to research if they will get along with the temp and cohabitants of the 40 gallon and if that is a big enough tank for one, but I will soon. Want to get the tank all situated before I even think of any more fish. I read they need driftwood, so wonder if the new MopanI wood I ordered is as good as driftwood.

aussieJJDude
Come here to chime in that people won't get upset if you happen to kill your plants, in fact I would go as far as saying the opposite.

If you google low light plants, most of those will be fine for beginners to try out, especially ones like anubias, java fern, bolbitis and many mosses; but floating plants, bacopa and ludwigia also make good options IMO.

Bryangar
You can find some good plant sellers on ebay as well. That’s where I order all of my plants. You get free shipping and it’s usually only like 3 days depending on where you live. Just keeping looking at the sellers and you’ll find one that sells a bunch of plants for dirt cheap.

As for websites, You can use H20 Plants or Aquarium Co op, their website have great info on every plants. They even have a begginer plants tab.

babiimoore
ive gotten all my plants from Plantsfactory on ebay. always very healthy, would recommend.

Zoomo
You can find some good plant sellers on ebay as well. That’s where I order all of my plants. You get free shipping and it’s usually only like 3 days depending on where you live. Just keeping looking at the sellers and you’ll find one that sells a bunch of plants for dirt cheap.

As for websites, You can use H20 Plants or Aquarium Co op, their website have great info on every plants. They even have a begginer plants tab.

Yeah, was there today and they have a bunch. I will be ordering something soon.

Having a really difficult time picking plants, and whether to get silk plants or real plants. It is difficult for me to pick because I want big billowy plants and all the live ones seem tiny little shoots of plants (I know they have to grow in) but even the silk ones look like they are simple little upshoots of something.

Which is better, silk or real? Son just said if I got real plants, I will have to trim them. Is this a big issue, how often?

aussieJJDude
I reccomend live. It allows you to control how they grow in, and how bushy you want them... not to mention, all the other benefits. (Plus they look nicer IMO)

As for trimming, depends on the plant. Some can be almost daily maintenance - most common with high light setups - but for low light, can be less than a couple hours a week/month of trimming and replanting.

Zoomo
Okay, well I ordered 2 small anubias on driftwood, 2 ludwigia replens, and 1 java fern with 40 leaves it says whatever that means, so hope I can spread it around the back of the tank.

Can these just be stuck into gravel? Or will I need to attach it to something?

ValerieAdams
Okay, well I ordered 2 small anubias on driftwood, 2 ludwigia replens, and 1 java fern with 40 leaves it says whatever that means, so hope I can spread it around the back of the tank.

Can these just be stuck into gravel? Or will I need to attach it to something?
The java fern is better to be tied onto a rock or driftwood, but it could be put in the gravel as long as the rhizome isn't covered. I'm not sure about the ludwigia replens but I think you can plant it in the substrate

aussieJJDude
Ludwigia repens (can safely assume a typo) is best planted in the substrate... but I have had in the past stems floating around the watercolumn and others even attaching to wood... so anything goes really IMO.

Zoomo
Really dumb question because I do not have live plants at the moment, but does Rhizome mean essentially the roots?

ValerieAdams
Really dumb question because I do not have live plants at the moment, but does Rhizome mean essentially the roots?
No it's like where the roots & the plant meet. I'd google pictures of it. It's different for each plant

Zoomo
No it's like where the roots & the plant meet. I'd google pictures of it. It's different for each plant

Okay, thanks, will do.

Zoomo
ive gotten all my plants from Plantsfactory on ebay. always very healthy, would recommend.

I bought some from a member here and then used Plantsfactory for some too.

H20 Plants may?

Wow, loved how H20 plants is laid out and you get free plants depending on how much you order, and you get discounts, just loved it. Placed an order and we shall see how it arrives next week.

CanadianFishFan
Wow, loved how H20 plants is laid out and you get free plants depending on how much you order, and you get discounts, just loved it. Placed an order and we shall see how it arrives next week.
Awesome!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
catsma_97504
Replies
Views
Amazoniantanklvr
Replies
Views
kadoxu
Replies