Weather loach making mess

1. eliscofield12 Member Member

So as most of you know from my other post I went yesterday to get 6 kuhli loaches but instead I got 6 weather loaches by accident. So I plan on taking them back in like 3 weeks but they gave been making a huge mess in my tank. The water is all cloudy and they are digging up my plants. I would take them back now but all the money I spent would go to waist because they only offer refunds on the first Tuesday of every month. So until then what should I do. Is there anything I can do to help stop the problem. I have a 20 gall tall tank and 2 hang on the back filters 1 top fin power 20 and 1 aqua clear power 20 filter everything seems to be running in working order. My current stocking is 2 sunset gourami, 2 male fancy guppies, 1 albino bristle nose pleco, and the 6 weather loaches. Thanks in advance.

~E

2. Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Well unfortunately, they are messy and do dig up plants, etc :(

Your tank is not big enough for them anyway so good that you are returning them.

for the meantime, you will probably need to do more frequent water changes and or bigger water changes.

3. maggie thecat Well Known Member Member

Get them a turtle dock. No seriously. Mount it so the platform is submerged. Your loaches will lounge on it and spend less time rooting in your plants.

4. eliscofield12 Member Member

Thanks will do.