We Made It Across The Us With Marchello

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi, some of you probably remember me, some not. I have not been on in a long time.
We moved from WI to WA state so I sold my 33g and gave away all of my fish and plants to a co-worker. I drained my pond and gave away my pond goldfish also. I was left with Marchello my mustard gas betta, Marchello. I didn't trust anyone to take care of him and knew he'd probably die under a beginners care so didn't want to take the chance of giving him back to the pet store. He is about 2 years old now and I'm very fond of him. I made up water ahead of time for the road trip, put him in a container with some christmas moss. Everynight at the hotel I switched his water, put a drop of Prime in and hoped he'd be ok being bounced around the car every day. He made it across our four day trip and I set him up temporarily at my sisters house (him and his two nerite snail enemies that he loves to flare at). We're all moved into our remodeled house now and he did end up needing a treatment of kanaplex but now seems back to his happy self. His fins have always been very thin (as many are) but other than some shredding at the tips he's on the mend.
2018-08-04 09.28.08.jpg

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Glad to see your back and that he survived the journey. Now the fun starts and you get to start rebuilding your stock.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Oh my goodness, welcome back Cindi!!!
Everybody missed you so much, we waited for you!
I love your story about Marchello, it’s a long journey!

I am glad that you made it through the long and tough move, those are always hard, especially when you have aquariums and fish. Marchello is such a wonderful name, he's a cute one! I hope his fins heal up again. Anyways, thanks for coming back, everyone was missing you, and this forum isn't the same without an old pro online

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oh my goodness, welcome back Cindi!!!
Everybody missed you so much, we waited for you!
I love your story about Marchello, it’s a long journey!

I am glad that you made it through the long and tough move, those are always hard, especially when you have aquariums and fish. Marchello is such a wonderful name, he's a cute one! I hope his fins heal up again. Anyways, thanks for coming back, everyone was missing you, and this forum isn't the same without an old pro online
Ah, thats so sweet! Thank you. I'm not really back yet as I'm in the middle of a remodel!!! But will try and check in more often now that I'm moved in.

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi! I definitely don't know you as I've only been around a few months but welcome back! I love your betta. I'm looking forward to seeing you around the forum!

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ah, thats so sweet! Thank you. I'm not really back yet as I'm in the middle of a remodel!!! But will try and check in more often now that I'm moved in.
Well, am really glad that you made it safely, and are able to start settling in at the new place!
I missed you while you were gone, you are an essential part of my existence on this forum.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom