We have the Go for the podcast!

andy65
Mike has given the OK for the podcast.
Now, down to business.

I know we could just call it the Fishlore podcast but can anyone think of a better name? Post your ideas here.

I would like to setup a conference call in Skype here in the coming weeks to talk to the ones that would like to help out. Also, so we can start getting ideas about of what kind of stuff we are going to talk about on the 1st show and the time and date of the show "tapings" and how often we are going to put this on.

I need to know who would like to be "on air" talent.
We are going to need someone to take "minuets" or show notes. This person need to be a fast typer and have a good ear.

Also is there anyone who would like to help in the background. I am not sure how many people CAN work in the background but I think we can work something out.

PM me if you can, just tell me what you would like to do on the podcast and if not, then leave a post here.
If there is ANYONE here that can put together a good theme song,no singing please, that would be GREAT. I can also find one in the Public Domain no problem. Public Domain means that I/we don't have to pay for the rights to use it.

Coryd55
Is it a video podcast or an audio podcast?

Oil_Fan
This sounds like an awesome idea! I really don't have any experience in podcasting but if I think of anything, I'll post be sure post it. BTW, this post was done my iPod Touch!!

andy65
audio only podcast.
I hate to do this but... YOU HAVE A WEEK AND A HALF. Starting NOW!

That is the time you have to get a hold of me and tell me what you want to help with.
I would like to get the podcast out and on the Web by the end of this month.
Thank you.

Gozer_1
I am a podcast junky. If you make it I will listen. lol Can't say as I have anything to offer other than moral support and a future raving iTunes review, but I'd certainly offer anything else if I knew what it was lol. Fish of the Week is fun and I'd get a kick out of DIY of the Week. A small care of\how to segment for each. Native habitat disscussion about the environments that our fish live in in the wild. Oh Oh Oh how about a "Do what I say not what I did" section. Stories about worst mistakes and how to avoid them. Dang I'm on a roll. WGA here I come. J/K I really love the idea. It's actually been on my mind since I started recently listening to a couple reef podcasts. One of which I'm listening to right now lol.) How about Copepodcast? lol Ok maybe not. Fish Talk? Seriously though, excited to see what happens with it.

Coryd55
Gozer those are some great ideas!

Write those down Andy lol!!!!

Who is going to be "the voice of FishLore" lol? or will there be multiple people?

Let me know if you need anything/;et me know what you need.

Cory

andy65
multiple people will be on the podcast. The more people "on Air" make the cast funner and nicer

andy65
Ok people we are trying some thing out

if you would like to help with the podcast please make a recording about yourself then once you have it done pm me for my e-mail address so you can send it me so I and Coryd55 can work with it.

myself and Coryd55 are working on ways to get it together as easy and best sounding way. I don't think that we are going to use Skype to record it. It's to hard to do.

I would still like to some how get together so we all can brain storm. You could Skype or IM. Which ever one is easier for all of you guys

KonaBoy
I would definetly listen to it Don't know what I could do to help, but I do think a fish of the week/month would be really cool

Coryd55
Well here is a run down of what we are doing.

Every episode we will have either have a discussion over a predetermined topic or we will "dictate" something like how to setup an aquarium. The discussion will involve 4-5 people whilst the "lecture" will only involve 1 or 2.

At the end of each show there will be a routine. First there will be a Saltwater Fish of the Week named then a Freshwater Fish of the Week named then a Coral of the Week named and then a Freshwater Plant of the Week named. Each will be described and then we will move onto the Joke of the Week(fish related of course). Then we will have a Question from the Listener segment. In which we will answer a question that is common on the site or that was specifically asked to us and answer us.

After that we will close out.

Each episode will be 30-45 minutes long. Most of the time being taken up by the discussion and 5-10 minutes being the closing routine.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas then please feel free to post them here or PM them to either me or Andy65.

Also remember if you would like to partake in the discussion, have a question for our Question from the Listener segment, or would like your own segment please once again either post here or PM me or Andy65.

Thanks,
Cory

Coryd55
Please visit and vote in the poll so we can form the podcast to be the most enjoyable and beneficial to you.

Cory

COBettaCouple
What are the plans for creating the podcast and putting it online at iTunes, etc?

andy65
I am not quite sure what you mean.

Coryd55
He means where will it be posted and how will we go abbout creating it:

1. Blog,iTunes(eventually, podcast.com(eventually)
2. Recording discussions on skype calls, and microphones to record other segments. Program called audacity for editing sound and music maker called Fruity Loops studio to make music

andy65
HI there.

I would like to have a Skype call this weekend so we can get things going.

PM what time and if Saturday or Sunday works best for you. I am hope to do it sometime in the afternoon.
Then tomorrow sometime will post what time and day it will be. I will PM all of the people that want to help my Skype name.

Thanks

COBettaCouple
I've got 1000s & 1000s of music loops along with Soundtrack Pro 3 and Logic 8 here if you'd need any help with music.

andy65
Tiem for the Podcast call

Ok

The time for the skype call to set up the Podcast will be.........(drum roll)

4pm EST 16:00 GMT

(3pm Central Standard Time) ((2pm Mountain Standard Time)) (((1pm Pacific Standard Time)))

PM me for my Skype name or you will not be able to participate in the call

andy65
The skype call will be taking place here soon. The skype name if fishcast65. Please put your forum name in you details so I know who you are.

COBettaCouple
I've not used Skype before, but I'm downloading it now onto my mac.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MissMTS
  • Question
Replies
Views
Utar
Replies
Views
BlackOsprey
Replies